Jobs at Member Institutions & APLU
Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Jackson State University
College of Education & Human Development
Position Summary: The College of Education and Human Development at Jackson State University is accepting applications for its Associate Dean position.
Minimum Required Education: The preferred candidate should possess an earned doctorate from a discipline within the field or discipline of education from a regionally-accredited higher education institution and be tenured at the level of associate professor.
Minimum Required Experience: A minimum of five years of demonstrated administrative academic experience in higher education at the level of associate dean, program director/coordinator, department chair, or equivalent.
- Experience with program and course curriculum revision and development.
- Experience utilizing multiple learning platforms to include face-to-face, online, and hybrid formats is expected.
- Experience utilizing data to inform decisions concerning program development, implementation, evaluation, and quality improvement.
- Experience in development and writing academic reports (e.g., policy, program reviews, and catalog edits).
- Experience supervising, evaluating, and coordinating professional development of the faculty and staff.
- Strong record of teaching, service, scholarly research, and publication.
- Familiarity with quality assurance, assessment, and accreditation standards and processes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the Dean to support the mission, vision, and strategic goals of the College and University.
- Provides leadership for COEHD’s Professional Education Committee (PEC); COEHD Committee on Academic and Remediation Committee (CARP); and other stud student-centered academic-related committees.
- Provide oversight of all academic-related programs such as undergraduate and graduate student orientation; COEHD open house events; and commencement ceremonies.
- Ensures that all programs and coursework navigate the policies and procedures established by COEHD, university, and IHL curriculum committees.
- Ensures that class scheduling and room reservations are completed appropriately.
- Ensures that all schedules are shared in a timely and appropriate manner with all COEHD undergraduate, professional, and graduate students.
- Assists with students’ navigating college-based resources and provides oversight of COEHD scholarships to eligible candidates per the guidelines of the scholarship sponsorship and provides oversight of graduate student funding (GTA, GRA, and GAs).
- Monitors student progression and all academic programs and addresses issues concerning academic remediation including progress and completion of terms of academic programs.
- Develops, implements, and ensures compliance of students with COEHD professional and graduate student policies and procedures.
Join the Conversation