Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kansas State College Advising Corps (KSCAC) Regional Director
Department: 3670003510 Vice Provost Enrollment Mgmt
Job no: 510822
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Student Affairs / Services
Pay Grade: 10A
About This Role:
The Kansas State College Advising Corps (KSCAC) is hiring for two Regional Directors located in Kansas City; or southwestern Kansas or Wichita, KS areas. This role is responsible for the management and support of embedded near-peer college advisers in partner high schools. The Regional Director will act as the main liaison to each high school's Site Supervisor, helping with day-to-day operations of ensuring advisers and schools are working together in a way that fully implements an effective advising model. Leadership will include working with advisers and site supervisors to set goals and develop work plans.
The Regional Director is expected to communicate frequently with advisers and school partners through electronic communication, virtual meetings, and site visits. KSCAC is a data-driven organization, and data collection and analysis will be embedded in all aspects of the position. Additionally, the Regional Director will connect with local community organizations, colleges, and universities to better inform advisers and students of local resources and support networks. As part of the KSCAC team, the Regional Director collaborates with the KSCAC Executive Director and other program staff to implement policies, professional development, recruiting efforts, and funding stewardship.
The Regional Director roles will be located in Kansas City; southwestern Kansas or Wichita, KS areas. The position will require travel to schools and training locations, as well as flexibility in schedule.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State College Advising Corps (KSCAC) is part of a national consortium, College Advising Corps (CAC). CAC is an independent non-profit organization that works to increase the rates of college enrollment and completion among low-income, first-generation college, and underrepresented high school students. CAC supports students nationwide through two innovative program models.
The in-school advising model places well-trained, recent graduates from over 30 partner universities as full-time college advisers in high schools across the nation. The hybrid advising model serves students in both in-person and virtual settings. KSCAC uniquely offers the two advising models in support of assisting students to find their best-fit post-secondary pathway. We believe that every student deserves the opportunity to enter and complete high education and are committed to supporting students as they navigate the complex processes of college admissions, financial aid, and enrollment.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5 years of related experience in K-12 or higher education
• An understanding of the types of postsecondary pathways as well as the steps to college enrollment, including admissions and financial aid processes
• Knowledge and experience working with underrepresented youth.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, highly collaborative environment.
• Must have a strong customer service background, with emphasis on problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to communicate extremely effectively, both verbally and in written form.
• Must have an exceptional, demonstrated record of outreach, programming and leadership skills.
• Must be able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
• Must be able to work in a diverse and changing environment.
• Must have initiative and strong interpersonal skills for meeting the needs of a diverse student population and for relating effectively with faculty, staff, administrators, and parents, as well as the general public.
• Must be highly self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Demonstrated comfort working independently with remote partners and colleagues.
• Will be required to use a personal car to travel to designated, local high schools and training locations. Valid driver's license and current vehicle insurance upon employment.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Three professional references with contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by June 18, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$50,490 - $55,000 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jun 07, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2295779