Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Academic Services Coordinator – SAUB
Department: 3670003810 Vice Provost Student Success
Job no: 514586
Employment type: Staff Part Time (Unclassified – Regular), Staff Full Time (Unclassified – Term)
Worksite: On-site requirement
Categories: Academic Advising / Support, Administrative / Professional
Pay Grade: 09A
About This Role:
The Office of the Vice Provost Student Success is currently seeking a full-time Academic Services Coordinator for the TRIO Upward Bound. The Academic Services Coordinator reports to the Director of TRIO Upward Bound. The TRIO Upward Bound program is part of the Office of Student Success and located on the Salina campus in Salina, KS. The Academic Services Coordinator works closely with the Director in recruiting students for the program. The Academic Services Coordinator will complete assessments, academic planning, and monitor the academic progress of high school participants in the Upward Bound program. The Academic Services Coordinator co-facilitate a six week summer program. The Academic Services Coordinator will travel 50%-60% in this position. The Academic Services Coordinator travels weekly to four target area high schools (Monday: Clay Center Community High School, Tuesday, Lincoln Jr/Sr High School and Newton High School, and Wednesday: Ell-Saline Middle/High School-schedule may vary in the fall and spring) to complete advising sessions and maintain complete, accurate audit ready documentation of all services, and confidential participants’ records. The Academic Services Coordinator also co-supervise participants during summer residential programming and lead a team of summer staff during travel with participants to college visits and cultural activities and events. The Academic Services Coordinator will also develop evening and/or Saturday activities for the participants in the program and coordinate and monitor summer program core curriculum, summer staff (i.e. faculty, instructors, graduate students, mentors), and student mentor opportunities.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Three years relevant experience
• Master’s Degree in Family Studies and Human Services, Counseling, Student Personnel, Educational Administration, Secondary Education, Psychology, Sociology, or related field
• Strong commitment to expanding and fostering diversity
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Familiarity with the use and application of assessment instruments and diagnostic test.
• Knowledge of current educational resources information on career planning admissions, and financial aid/literacy resources.
• Ability to engage and communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of economical and educationally disadvantaged youth.
• Three years of direct work experience (5 years preferred) in secondary or postsecondary education working with first-generation, low income students of color, students with disabilities, and/or five years of experience working with TRIO programs.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to demonstrate courtesy, tact, discretion in dealing with numerous members of professional and academic communities.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to exercise initiative when necessary and appropriate.
• Experience in pre-college program implementation involving cultural activities, workshops, seminars, and group activities for high school students
• Experience supervising students (high school or college) staff in a residential settings.
• Formal training and/or work experience in service that improves secondary school retention/graduation rates.
• Experience with computers, including ability to operate databases, spreadsheets, and word processing software.
• Experience working with officials postsecondary institutions and target school personnel at Clay Center Community High School. Ell-Saline Middle/High School, Lincoln Jr/Sr High School, and Newton High School).
• Fluent in Spanish (spoken and written)
• Tutoring experience in Math and Science
• Strong and effective presentation skills with middle school and/or high school students, as well as adults.
• Experience building community partnerships, promoting education, and networking skills.
• Grant writing experience
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Resume or CV
• Cover Letter
• Three Professional References
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jan 31, 2023
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3851763
Join the Conversation