Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Vice President of Operations and Infrastructure
About This Role:
The AVP will lead the Division of Facilities in overseeing the care for over 7.3 million Gross Square Feet (GSF) of the K-State campus infrastructure, as well as over 238 maintainable acres of University-owned land. The candidate will provide strategic planning and leadership to deliver excellent services and customer experiences to the Kansas State campus in the functional areas of facilities maintenance, facilities services, customer service, utility plants, and energy & controls.
In this role, the AVP will:
• Develop and manage fiscal responsibility for annual direct and indirect budget activities.
• Create and implement a strategic plan that operates in unison with the University’s strategic plan.
• Collaborate with the University Architect and the Campus Planning and Facilities Management department(s) on repair and renovation projects to ensure timely and efficient service to the K-State campus.
• Evaluate and report conditions for all buildings and infrastructure under the jurisdiction of the Kansas Board of Regents for Kansas State University’s 9.7 million GSF of space.
• Supervise and mentor a team, developing leaders across the portfolio, which includes work allocation, training, promotion, internal procedures and controls, and resolution of issues, while fostering a positive and inclusive workplace culture.
• Report to the Associate Vice President of Facilities and Planning.
Please apply at this https://www.wittkieffer.com/position/24474-assistant-vice-president-of-operations-and-infrastructure/.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
This position is required to be performed on-site. Work is performed on employer premises or designated assignment location.
Visit this https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/policies/remote-work/index.html for K-State’s guidance and policies on remote work and flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required for all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a bachelor’s degree and seven years of relevant experience.
• Professional Licensure as an architect (NCARB) or Engineer (PE) with ability to attain Kansas licensure within 6 months of hire.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Planning or a related field
• Master’s degree in architecture, engineering, management, or finance from an accredited university preferred.
• Highly developed management skills including the ability to effectively measure performance outcomes, create a positive and inclusive culture built on values and relationships, reinforce connections for staff to the relevance and importance of their work in meeting the University’s varied missions, and hold firm on praise and accountability day-in and day-out
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to establish rapport with and gain the trust of others and to establish cooperative working relationships with a diverse team and campus community
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with practical application experience within higher education
• High level of skill in strategic thinking, serving both micro and macro aspects of systems (i.e. systems perspective, thinking in time, hypothesis-driven, and intelligent opportunism)
• Ability to work under deadlines and adapt to changes with minimum notice
• Ability to prioritize various critical tasks and negotiate deadlines to meet the overall goals
• Ability to be creative, supportive, and thoughtful in problem-solving, considering the diverse and occasionally conflicting needs and perspectives
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, emphasizing prioritizing tasks and responsibilities and responding positively to unanticipated changes, and meeting deadlines
• Ability to exercise independent judgment to maintain confidentiality
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents directly to Witt Kieffer at this https://www.wittkieffer.com/position/24474-assistant-vice-president-of-operations-and-infrastructure/:
• Online application
• Cover letter
Please direct all nominations and inquiries to Anissa Conner, Ben Haden, and Courtney MacKinnon at mailto:KSUAVPOpsandInfra@wittkieffer.com. Candidates should provide a resume and a letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and requirements described in the Leadership Profile.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: 22 Feb 2023
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3933137
Join the Conversation