Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate Dean of Learning and Innovation
Department: 3670030010 K-State Global Campus
Job no: 514787
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified – Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: Remote required (must reside in US)
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Education / Instructional, Executive / Director / Management, Computer Science / Information Technology
Pay Grade: 14A
About This Role:
The associate dean of learning innovation is responsible for leading the coordinated organization, direction, and implementation of a dossier of curriculum projects and transformation activities to achieve a university-wide strategic portfolio of market-driven learning opportunities poised to better serve today’s learners to realize substantial enrollment growth. The portfolio includes credit-bearing courses, microcredentials and degree programs in all modalities as well as noncredit and professional development programming building on collaborative experiences with various sectors (e.g., business, government, industry). The associate dean works collaboratively with cross-institutional and external stakeholders driving critical business development strategies; designing program lifecycle stage plans; engaging market intelligence research; developing pro forma projections and financials; guiding quality course design and curriculum design processes; and supporting successful launch implementation planning. Utilizing an intrapreneurial mindset, design thinking, Lean, and project management approaches, the associate dean will have a multitude of projects in various stages of development and revision at one time. This position reports to the dean of Global Campus.
For a full position description, visit https://global.k-state.edu/about/employment/
Work location: This is a remote position with K-State Global Campus, but the incumbent MUST be available to work occasionally on the Manhattan campus. Employees must reside in the United States in order to comply with all federal, state and local payroll withholding taxes and wage requirements. The employee is expected to maintain a home office or other approved location (in accordance with university policy) from which they would work. K-State Global Campus operates on Central time. Applicants may review the university’s remote work policy https://www.k-state.edu/policies/ppm/4000/4045.html. Details of an individual’s remote work arrangement will be finalized with the selected candidate directly as part of the hiring process.
Why Join Us:
The mission of K-State Global Campus is to extend Kansas State University’s intellectual resources worldwide through quality degree programs, lifelong learning and professional development opportunities
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
• Master’s degree required
• Five years of relevant experience
• Doctoral degree in curriculum and instruction, instructional design, educational technology or related academic discipline preferred.
• Five or more years of experience working with faculty members in a research-intensive setting
• University teaching experience
• Hold a PMP certification and/or other relevant certifications (e.g, PgMP, DASM, DASSM, PMI-ACP, Prosci, Lean Six Sigma)
• Experience utilizing and applying design thinking, Lean principles, project management and market intelligence in higher education settings
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Experience using key performance indicators, metrics and data/predictive analytics to support planning, decision-making and continuous improvement efforts
• Experience leading best practices in course/program design and adaptive learning in order to develop and implement programs and processes that help engage students
• Demonstrated success supervising, training, motivating and mentoring staff in a high performing operation
• Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize across multiple projects, strategic priorities and issues with a drive toward informed answers and results in a focused and efficient manner with an agility to make changes to plans as new information is learned and analyzed
• Ability to plan, oversee and assess strategic initiatives
• Demonstrated success serving as a digital learning advocate, navigating and resolving challenges and collaborating with faculty on academic initiatives
• Understanding of and sensitivity to diversity issues related to effective communication and interaction with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds, age ranges, social backgrounds, experience levels and more
• Ability to evaluate the attractiveness of new opportunities with an intrapreneurial mindset with appropriate fiscal foundations
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter addressing your qualifications and skills related to the position
• Resume or curriculum vita listing education and employment history
• Three professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate) and email address
Screening of Applications Begins:
For best consideration, apply by April 6th, 2023.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Mar 02, 2023
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3964442
Join the Conversation