Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clinical Program Specialist
Department: 3670055010 Health & Human Sciences Dean
Job no: 514698
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified – Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: On-site requirement
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Health Profession
Pay Grade: 07A
About This Role:
The Physician Assistant (PA) Program, within the College of Health and Human Sciences (HHS), is looking to hire a Clinical Program Specialist to join their team. This position will assist the Clinical Director with the administrative aspects of planning and coordinating the clinical phase of the PA Program. This position will report to the Clinical Director.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Work with the clinical team to schedule all clinical experiences for second-year students
• Assist clinical director with weekly monitoring of patient encounters through Exxat
• Coordinate all aspects of Exxat, ensuring student documents comply with ARC-PA standards and providing training updates to faculty and staff
• Establish and maintain affiliation agreements with preceptors and affiliated institutions, and keep the clinical aspect of the ARC-PA portal up-to-date with affiliation agreements and active/inactive status
• Maintain student and program liability insurance
• Monitor students’ background checks, drug screening, and immunization processes to ensure completion of program requirements
• Assist students with institutional credentialing
• Monitor student registration for second and third-year students
• Participate in the program’s admissions process
• Assist program director with ARC-PA compliance related to the clinical phase
• Facilitate scheduling of student advising during the clinical phase, and monitor for and respond to all direct student communication
• Train to proficiency in PA Program educational software, including Exammaster, Canvas, and simulation and Anatomage tables
• Serve as a proctor for program examinations, including Exammaster and PAEA
• Serve as a Standardized Patient to facilitate clinical training of students in the Physical Diagnosis course
• Participate in the program’s job sharing/training initiative to become familiar with duties involving academic, admissions, and simulation responsibilities
Why Join Us:
The College of Health and Human Sciences is home to six academic departments (Applied Human Sciences; Food, Nutrition, Dietetics & Health; Hospitality Management; Interior Design & Fashion Studies; Personal Financial Planning; and Kinesiology), the Center on Aging, Physician Assistant program, and a Nursing partnership with Wichita State University. The College enrolls more than 2,300 undergraduate and 400 graduate students and employs more than 115 full-time faculty members in teaching, research, and Extension positions (https://www.hhs.k-state.edu/). The College is committed to promoting research, scholarship, creative activity, and discovery with a strategic and cohesive focus on health and human behavior.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off (vacation, sick, and holidays). To see what benefits are available, please visit https://www.k-state.edu/hsc/benefits.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
This position is required to be performed on-site. Work is performed on employer premises or designated assignment locations.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
• High school diploma
• Four years of relevant experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2 years of administrative experience in medical/healthcare setting or health professions school
• Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Self-starter that works well with little supervision
• Ability to multitask, gather data, and prepare reports
• Knowledge of configuration and use of computerized database programs
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$18.00 – $25.00/hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Feb 20, 2023
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3924462
Join the Conversation