Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Director of Flight Operations – KC/Olathe
Department: 3670085547 Salina Dept of Aviation
Job no: 514594
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified – Regular)
Location: Olathe, Kansas
Worksite: On-site requirement
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Executive / Director / Management, Aviation / UAT / UAS, Health & Safety
Pay Grade: 12B
About This Role:
Kansas State University’s Aerospace and Technology Campus is seeking a Director of Flight Operations to direct and manage the daily flight operations of a satellite location in the Kansas City area. The Director of Flight Ops will coordinate facility and operational needs with internal/external maintenance, dispatch, and airport staff. In addition, this position will coordinate with the Executive Director of Flight Operations on budgeting needs, purchases, staff hires, and expenses for the satellite location.
The Director of Flight Operations will supervise the satellite location’s flight instructors and will oversee instructor/student flight scheduling. This position also performs flight and standardization training of flight instruction staff, as well as student course stage check evaluation flights, CFI/CFII ground and flight training, and more. This position serves as a point of contact for all Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) off site part 141 and part 61 training under delegation of the Chief Flight Instructor.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
This position is required to be performed on-site. Work is performed on employer premises or designated assignment location.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Three to five years of relevant experience
• Previous experience leading and supervising a team of individuals is highly preferred
• Budget management experience highly preferred
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Previous key leadership role in a FAR Part 141 organization and/or a collegiate aviation program
• Experience developing training programs and TCO’s
• Experience with a flight school scheduling system
• Detailed documentation of training records and compliance to Safety Practices and Procedures manual and a safety culture
• FAA Part 141 Assistant Chief Flight Instructor
• FAA Commercial Pilot Airplane Single Engine Land
• FAA Commercial Pilot Airplane Multiengine Land
• Current Certified Flight Instructor Airplane Single-Engine and Instrument Land
• Current FAA Medical Certificate with Second Class Privileges
• FAA Certified Flight Instructor Single-Engine Land and Instrument
• FAA Flight Instructor High Performance Endorsement and Complex Endorsement
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Letter of Interest
• Names and contact information for three current, professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Range:
$90,000 -120,000, depending on qualifications
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Feb 08, 2023
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3890961
Join the Conversation