Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: 3670010050 Animal Sciences & Industry
Job no: 514869
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified – Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Worksite: On-site requirement
Categories: Agriculture, Animal Sciences / Livestock, Agronomy
Pay Grade: 09A
About This Role:
This position takes care of the daily operations of the Beef Cattle Research Center at Kansas State University within the Department of Animal Sciences & Industry.
This position will maintain appropriate inventories of feed, pharmaceuticals, and livestock as dictated by teaching and research functions of Research Center. Purchase feedstuffs (forage and special feedstuffs) and schedule delivery of grains and supplements form ASI and GRSCI feed mills.
Incumbent will assist with coordination of basic and applied research activities at the Beef Cattle Research Center. Responsibilities include; execution, documentation, and auditing of research projects, as well as statistical analysis of data and preparation of final research reports.
Supervise and coordinate activities of 10-20 undergraduate student laborers. Coordinate safety training and conduct routine safety meetings for all employees and maintain documentation thereof.
Ultimately responsible for oversight and completion of daily feeding and health management of all animals on the premises, as well as maintenance and improvement of research facilities.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
This position is required to be performed on-site. Work is performed on employer premises or designated assignment location.
Visit this https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/policies/remote-work/index.html for K-State’s guidance and policies on remote work and flexible work arrangements. Remote work agreements are required for all flexible work arrangements and are subject to review.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a bachelor’s degree and three to five years of relevant experience.
• B.S. in Animal Sciences or closely related field.
• Experience in teaching college classes.
• Experience in supervision of feedlot employees.
• Experience in inventory management.
• Experience in operation of feedlot facilities.
• Experience with steam flaking of cereal grains.
• Experience conducting large animal research projects.
• Familiarity with Occupational Safety and Health guidelines.
• Familiarity with guidelines for Institutional Animal Care and Use.
• Familiarity with Good Clinical/Laboratory Practices guidelines.
• Experience conducting INAD (Investigation New Animal Drug) studies.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
• some heavy lifting up to 75-100lbs
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• KSU Page Up online application.
• Cover Letter
• List of 3 references with email and phone numbers
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until suitable candidate is identified.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Range:
$45,642.00 – -$58,000.00 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Mar 16, 2023
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4012852
Join the Conversation