Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Laboratory Client Services Assistant - Accessioning (Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory)
Department: 3670080080 Veterinary Diagnostic Lab
Job no: 511409
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Research / Scientific / Grants, Veterinary Medicine, Customer Service
Pay Grade: 04B
About this Role:
The Kansas State Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (KSVDL) within the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Laboratory Client Services Assistant. This essential position within KSVDL exists to serve the needs of clientele/stakeholders (clients, faculty, residents, students, coworkers) in regards to sample reception, accessioning, and sample referrals. This position will oversee all USDA/NAHLN submissions and may also be involved in special projects dealing with client-oriented tasks pertaining to samples. This position will also be responsible for monitoring and maintaining inventory in the Client Services area. Some flexibility may be required regarding work hours at selected/occasional times.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Primary tasks will be to provide sample routing services within KSVDL in Mosier Hall, Trotter Hall, and the KSU-IC, participate in daily reception and accessioning of diagnostic samples, and interact with clientele through phone, email, or direct contact. These tasks will require a working knowledge of sample types, testing limitations, test availability, and the ability to evaluate the validity of consultation requests for KSVDL faculty. All of these tasks are expected to be completed in accordance with QA/QC procedures with the intent of adhering to AAVLD accreditation guidelines.
• Additional duties will include processing of outgoing packages including referral testing from KSVDL and other KSU-CVM areas and maintenance of multiple internal documents including but are not limited to SOP''s, Working Instructions, Referral Spreadsheets, and referral submission forms.
• Other tasks that may be performed could include training of student employees, filing, or assistance with creating purchase orders.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• High school diploma
• One year of relevant experience
• Use of computer to enter/generate data in VetView and Microsoft Office Software
• Bachelor of Science in Animal Science
• Knowledge of clinical specimens/testing and medical databases
• Diagnostic Laboratory experience
• Minimum of 2 years client service/communication
• General experience with computer software
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 14.04 - $ 23.86 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 08, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2487020