Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Laboratory Client Services Assistant (Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory)
Department: 3670080080 Veterinary Diagnostic Lab
Job no: 510599
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Research / Scientific / Grants, Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 04B
About this Role:
The Kansas State Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (KSVDL) is seeking applicants for a Laboratory Client Services Assistant. This essential position within KSVDL exists to serve the needs of clientele/stakeholders (clients, faculty, residents, students, coworkers) in regards to sample reception, accessioning, and sample referrals. This position will oversee all USDA/NAHLN submissions and may also be involved in special projects dealing with client-oriented tasks pertaining to samples. This position will also be responsible for monitoring and maintaining inventory in the Client Services area. Some flexibility may be required regarding work hours at selected/occasional times.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• The primary task will be to receive and accession samples arriving at the KSVDL for diagnosis testing. This may include logging in of packages, opening/reviewing submissions, entering all samples into the laboratory information management system and data entry of all sample submission paperwork information into the laboratory information management system. All of these tasks are expected to be completed in accordance with QA/QC procedures with the intent of adhering to AAVLD accreditation guidelines.
• Additional duties will include processing of all outgoing referral testing and occasionally outgoing packages from KSVDL and DMP laboratories.
• Other tasks that may be performed could include training of student employees, filing, or assistance with creating purchase orders.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• High School Diploma
• One year of relevant experience
• Bachelor's degree
• 1 year of veterinary laboratory sample handling/accessioning
• General experience with computer software and experience using LIMS systems
• Use of a computer to enter/generate data in UVIS and Microsoft Office Software
• Knowledge of clinical specimens/testing and medical data bases as documented in the application materials
• Animal Science/Veterinary Medical experience/education
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 13.47 - $ 22.89 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 26, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/22377800