Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670010060 Entomology
Job no: 510563
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Categories: Agriculture, Research / Scientific / Grants, Entomology
Pay Grade: 05B
About This Role:
Incumbent will prepare study plans according to the supervising scientist's hypothesis; learn and perform the droplet digital PCR experiments; assist in result analysis and report writing; and share responsibility with others for maintaining daily laboratory operational tasks. Full time, (40 hours/week) benefits eligible position to be located in Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High School Diploma
• Experience and education should include experience with pipette usage, DNA extraction, electrophoresis and conventional PCR.
• Experience using a computer.
• Real time PCR and droplet digital PCR and statistical skill.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Detailed Resume or CV to include names and dates of relevant schools attended, degrees received, relevant courses taken, training programs attended and/or relevant work experience with dates. Please include contact information.
• Names and contact information for at least three references.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins on April 26, 2021 and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$ 42,000 to $ 48,000 annual salary
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 21, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233772