Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Landscape Technician I
Department: 3670085542 Poly Facilities
Job no: 511306
Employment type: Temporary Part-time
Location: Salina, Kansas
Categories: Facilities / Grounds / Skilled Trades, Horticulture
Pay Grade: 03A
About This Role:
K-State Polytechnic seeks a temporary Landscape Technician to assist with maintaining the outdoor areas of the campus. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Mowing grass
• Mulching flower beds, pulling weeds, pruning and removing trees/shrubs
• Edging sidewalks and driveways
• Picking up trash and debris, as well as emptying trash receptacles
• Sweeping/raking leaves and power-blowing sidewalks
This short-term position is limited to working up to 999 hours within a year starting from the effective date of appointment. The position does not include benefits.
Why Join Us:
K-State Polytechnic is located in Salina, Kansas - a town of approximately 50,000 in close proximity to two major highways, and 65 miles west of K-State's main campus in Manhattan. The Polytechnic Campus is centered around the student experience emphasizing innovative learning, real-world experiences and industry connections. We are a tight-knit family with a small college feel and the resources of a Big 12 university.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
• One (1) year experience in institutional grounds work.
• Knowledge and skilled experience in operating and maintenance of portable and stationary power tools; grounds and lawn equipment.
• Ability to read and understand specific instructions in English.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Valid driver's license upon employment.
• Safety training upon employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$11.56 - $16.76 per hour, depending on qualifications
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Aug 16, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2441597