Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Large Animal Barn Assistant
Department: 3670080070 Veterinary Health Center
Job no: 512970
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 05A
About This Role:
The Veterinary Health Center (VHC) within the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Large Animal Barn Assistant. The purpose of this position is to provide assistance to VHC veterinarians and Registered Veterinary Technicians in the performance of their duties to improve the client service experience. This position will provide patient care support, and serve as an assistant and electronic medical record specialist in the Large Animal Hospital.
• Assist Clinicians, Residents, Interns and veterinary nurses on the livestock specialty service both in the hospital and out in the field as deemed necessary by senior clinician on service or supervisor.
• Serve as a client liaison within the service. Obtaining client signatures on patient consent forms, verifying information and assisting students in gathering a detailed medical history of patient being treated.
• Provide patient medical care and assist with treatments.
• Restraint of patients and educate students on safe handling techniques.
• Feed, Exercise and bathe patients
• Collection of urine, fecal, and sample collections for diagnostic labs.
• Monitor, record, and report physical signs of hospitalized patients
• Compliance of all biohazard and infection control protocols ex. Cleanliness of stalls and runs. Provide clean bedding, food, and water. Wash and sanitize feed buckets, stomach tubes, and pumps. Disinfect and clean according to isolation protocols.
• Stocking and ordering of supplies for the large animal barn.
• Assist with coordination of emergency care, vacation period coverage, and unexpected teaching demands with fellow staff.
• Assist with patient record-keeping in the hospital medical records system.
• Entering patient charges as deemed necessary or from patient field service tic sheets.
• Gather patient hospital, verify patient/client information is current and up to date.
• Gather patient history and upload proper patient treatment forms.
• Knowledge of completing discharge instructions and emailing finished records to RDVM or clients.
• Perform duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor, section head, hospital administrator, or hospital director.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a high school diploma and one year of relevant experience.
• Ability to work with and provide preventative maintenance for ordinary veterinary medical hospital equipment.
• Ability to handle, restrain, and provide medical treatments to domestic animals.
• Willingness to master new techniques.
• Licenses / registrations / certifications and equipment used (May not include additional education and/or experience)
• Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and comfort with Word and Excel software.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$13.97 - $20.55/hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: May 02, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3049062