Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach’s Pesticide Safety Education Program (PSEP) is seeking to hire a Manager Industry Extension to provide leadership and team support. This position will coordinate budget and program support; lead Continuing Instruction Course (CIC) pesticide applicator recertification programs for agricultural weed, insect, and disease in Iowa; and provide minimal supervision of administrative staff and Extension specialists.
Maintain the high impact, nationally recognized PSEP program
Provide leadership and subject matter support through collaborative working relationships at the regional, state, multi-state, and national levels
Deliver educational programs, both formal and informal, on and off campus to clients, students, faculty and staff
Provide lead and team support in the development of educational resource materials (online, print, video) related to pesticides and pesticide safety and training
Develop training manuals and exams for pesticide licensure
Assess the impact of PSEP program efforts and report these impacts to ISU Extension and Outreach, Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship, and other key stakeholders
Other duties as assigned by appropriate administrators
This is a term appointment through 6/30/2023, with opportunity for renewal.
Example of Duties
• Provides mentoring and coaching to employees.
• Assists the Program Director in providing and communicating vision and direction for plan of work development creating a sense of teamwork.
• Conducts hiring, orientation, supervision, professional development and evaluation of staff in the program.
• Models exemplary program evaluation and reporting of outcomes; shares best practices and lessons learned through Extension scholarship; and provides leadership in professional associations.
• Acts as a “master educator”; has an understanding of and uses current technology, demonstrates best practices for program delivery, and is sought after as a coach/mentor for their level of expertise and decision-making ability.
• Provides statewide, multi-state, national, and/or international programming leadership with projects that often occur over multiple years.
• Provides leadership statewide for increasingly complex programming that is innovative/creative and draws on research base to address the diverse needs of clientele.
• Provides leadership and subject matter support at the regional, state, multi-state, national, and/or international level for networks and coalitions which lead to funding and/or programming opportunities and fosters partnerships with agencies, NGOs, businesses, community groups, foundations, elected officials, and multi-state teams.
• Partners with the Program Directors to conduct and analyze the needs assessment for program efforts that appeal to diverse audiences.
• Establishes, organizes, and facilitates new and existing networks and coalitions at the regional and state level to build community capacity that brings value to clients and improves educational opportunities for clientele.
• Identifies and implements innovative ways to meet targeted under-served and under-represented audiences.
• Initiates funding strategies that result in statewide and/or multi-state proactive programming approaches and identifies partners to engage in writing and securing major, multi-year grants and contracts to support programming.