Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Idaho
Marketing & Communications Manager, CAA
Division/College: University Communications & Marketing
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $49,500 annually or higher depending on experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Working with University Communications and Marketing (UCM ), the Marketing and Communications Manager (MCM ) is in charge of key internal and external communication tools for the College of Art and Architecture (CAA ). As the primary communications representative for the college, the MCM is the chief content strategist for CAA . The MCM will advance the college's reputation through purposeful creative and messaging that is tied to the University's brand and messaging as well as the strategic initiatives of the unit. The MCM provides marketing and communications leadership in a variety of areas, including alumni relations, Web content, social media, media and public relations, special events, and publications.
The MCM provides counsel to college leadership on marketing and communication approaches, writes and edits a variety of materials in electronic and print format; collaborates in special event planning; and oversees the work of designers, photographers, videographers, and freelance writers. The MCM interfaces with the University Communications and Marketing team to coordinate content and relay information to and from the supported unit.
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of related professional experience, or a combination of education and related experience totaling 7 years.
• Experience writing, editing and presenting.
• Experience implementing marketing principles.
• Experience with project management and managing multiple projects at any given time.
• Demonstrated experience of collaboration and working with internal and external constituents.
• Experience planning and executing marketing plans and initiatives to achieve organizational goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or public relations or a related field.
• Working knowledge of web design principles, printing processes, graphics formats, and effective design and photography principles.
• Experience working with advancement and development professionals, including writing proposals for solicitation.
• Experience producing and editing informational and marketing collateral.
• Experience working in higher education.
• Demonstrated ability to translate technical or specialized information for public use and understanding.
• Social Media strategy and content creation.
• Experience in a variety of writing styles and mediums (press release, feature writing, social posts, case statements, web content).
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002306P
Posting Date: 09/04/2019
Closing Date: 10/2/2019
Open Until Filled: No
To be considered your “Letter of Qualification” must address each of the minimum qualifications.
Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the desired qualifications as relevant.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/1602117
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.