Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670009040 Career Center
Job no: 510479
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for creating and managing the promotional efforts of the Career Center.
Marketing Management (50%): Lead strategic marketing efforts to increase the awareness of the Career Center among students and the university community.
• Oversee the production of publications and materials that promote the Career Center brand, programming, services, and resources.
• Manage integrated communications efforts across traditional and media platforms.
• Supervise a marketing intern.
Digital Media (20%): Coordinate social media and mobile marketing efforts.
• Deliver the content via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other digital platforms.
• Disseminate first destination and student success data through engaging online reports, infographs, and dashboards.
Website Administration (15%):
• Create user-friendly content, design intuitive navigation, and monitor usage of the departmental website.
• Manage web updates within the university CMS system.
• Promote audience engagement through appealing graphics, videos, and other dynamic online resources.
University Relations (10%):
• Collaborate with Career Center colleagues, Division of Communications and Marketing staff, and university administration to effectively promote K-State.
• Work with the Employer Relations Associate to promote partnerships between the university and external constituents (business, public sector, and non-profit entities).
Additional Responsibilities (5%):
• Support designated center-wide initiatives.
• Participate in staff meetings, team projects, and other planning activities.
• Participate in planning and goal-setting to meet performance expectations and metrics.
The Marketing Specialist will provide additional services as assigned by an Assistant Director.
Why Join Us:
The Career Center facilitates the career readiness of all students throughout the K-State community. The Career Center offers an extensive career library, free assessments for exploring majors/careers, job search training, career advising, employer connections, and a staff dedicated to assisting students in the career development process.
This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off - vacation, sick and holidays. To learn more visit: http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree
• 2+ years marketing experience
• Proficient with software such as InDesign, Illustrator, and video editing
• Proficient with Content Management System (CMS) for website content management
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, PowerBI)
• Demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills
• Exhibit excellent written communication skills
• Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion for the delivery of all programs and services
• Exhibit a dynamic, motivated and team-oriented work style
• Ability to handle fast-paced environment that demands multi-tasking
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents along with the K-State application through the online application process,
• Letter of interest (documents may be addressed to Pat Hudgins, Associate Director)
• Include URL for online portfolio in your letter or on your resume or a pdf of work samples
• Names, emails and phone numbers of three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately. For best consideration, apply by April 29, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$18.75 - $23.90 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 05, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233679