Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Office Specialist I (Diagnostic Medicine / Pathobiology)
Department: 3670080040 Diagnostic Medicne Pathobiolog
Job no: 511421
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Office / Clerical, Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 04A
About this Role:
The Department of Diagnostic Medicine/Pathobiology and Center of Excellence for Emerging and Zoonotic Animal Diseases is seeking applicants for an Office Specialist I. The purpose of this position is to plan, develop, and administer records management designed to facilitate effective and efficient handling of business records and other information. Implementation of records management policies are intended to standardize filing, protecting, and retrieving records, reports, and other information contained on paper, microfilm, computer program, or other media. Coordinates through subordinate managers on activities involved with various projects that will generate records. Confers with other administrators to assure compliance with policies, procedures, and practices of records management program.
In addition, this position will perform routine customer service, clerical and administrative duties such as answer the phone, retrieve packages from the mailroom, greet guests and help setup new hires and visitors as well as attend meetings to transcribe meeting minutes. This position will work collaboratively with staff to manage office duties and support senior staff in the accomplishment of their duties.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Establish, organize and maintain various documents such as compliance documents (IBC, IACUC and Permits), budgets, grants, reports, MTAs, CDAs, and press releases in both paper and electronic formats. Maintain records and filing, and other information contained on paper, computer program, or other media. In addition, will ensure compliance in administrative, legal, and financial requirements in record maintenance. Will be responsible to give appropriate access to information and devise and ensure the implementation of retention and disposal of records following a set of guidelines.
• Help lab and administrative personnel with ordering lab and office supplies. Retrieve packages from mail-room. Assume receptionist duties, greet public and refer them to appropriate staff members, answer phone, route calls, and take messages. Help setup new hires or visitors with office space, equipment, policies and procedures. Attend meetings and transcribe meeting minutes. Type and word process documents as needed. Coordinate travel and lodging accommodations for lab staff, as requested. Retrieval of library documents. Perform other duties as assigned by Dr. Richt and/or Grant Manager.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Six months of relevant experience
• Must have a valid driver's license upon employment as there will be instances when position may require the use of a vehicle to pick up visitors and to complete various tasks as needed
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
• 1 year experience in an office setting, especially with maintaining records
• Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office, Adobe, Scanning, Access database or other database software
• Knowledge of clerical and administrative practices required to coordinate records system
• Understand and adhere to institution policies and procedures
• Ability to recognize and maintain the confidentiality of records concerning various budgetary, personnel related matters as well as understand and handle sensitive information
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a wide range of people
• Strong customer-service attitude
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
• Must be able to type and proficient in the use of a computer, printer, phone, scanner, and copy machine
• Must be able do some transporting of purchases from stores
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 12.46 - $ 18.67 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 17, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2506637