Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Specialist II
Department: 3670010040 Agronomy
Job no: 512674
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Agriculture, Library, Office / Clerical, Customer Service, Agronomy
Pay Grade: 05A
About This Role:
The Department of Agronomy at Kansas State University is looking for an Office Specialist II to provide administrative support to Faculty and The Parker Memorial Library. Represents the department as receptionist by answering and referring phone calls, reserving conference rooms, receiving and distributing mail and packages, key distribution, and other duties to support the department.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• One year of relevant experience.
• Graduation from high school and technical college with emphasis in office administration, and one year word processing experience on a computer.
• Knowledge of English, spelling, grammar and pronunciation.
• Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
• Knowledge of standard formats for letters, memos, and reports.
• Knowledge of principles, methods, techniques and equipment used in electronic keyboard operation.
• Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions.
• Ability to proofread narrative and/or numerical copy.
• The skill to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and general public.
• The ability to remain calm and poised under pressure is imperative.
• The ability to promote a positive image for the department, the college, and the university.
• Ability to use computer and various software programs and be willing to learn new programs and equipment as available.
• Specialized knowledge of MS Office Suite to include tables, merge and columns in Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel and Access.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• A letter of recommendation, resume, and contact information for three employment references.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$28,499 - $33,300 ($13.70- $16.00)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: May 04, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3065654