Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Specialist II
Department: 3670085525 Salina Undergraduate Svcs
Job no: 512046
Employment type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Salina, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Office / Clerical, Student Affairs / Services
Pay Grade: 05A
About This Role:
Kansas State University Salina seeks an experienced, organized Office Specialist II to administer office operations for the office of TRIO/Student Support Services. The mission of TRIO/Student Support Services at Kansas State University Salina is to provide a foundation of support for students so they may excel personally and academically in community and family.
The incumbent in this position will work closely with the Assistant Director in providing administrative support in coordinating fiscal operations such as payroll, budget preparation, managing inventory and purchasing. Other important areas include communication and recruitment.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• One year of relevant experience
• Three (3) years of experience in office support/clerical work
• Experience/knowledge in working with: Microsoft Access (Student Access Database), FIS, Peoplesoft/HRIS, Microsoft Office (spreadsheets/word processing), General Ledger and E-forms.
• Experience/knowledge in accounting/record keeping, budget management, purchasing and inventory
• Prefer some familiarity with higher education setting and KSU Salina's TRIO/Student Support Services
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Must have valid Driver's License upon employment, and must be maintained
• KSU Van Training Certificate required within six months from date of hire
• Must possess excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills
• Have the ability to multi-task and work in a diverse office setting
• Have strong attention to detail
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Names and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by January 23, 2022.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$14.00 - 17.00/hr, depending on qualifications
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jan 06, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2757435