Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Specialist II (Diagnostic Medicine / Pathobiology)
Department: 3670080040 Diagnostic Medicne Pathobiolog
Job no: 510504
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Communications / Public Relations / Marketing, Office / Clerical
Pay Grade: 05A
About this Role:
The Department of Diagnostic Medicine/Pathobiology is seeking applicants for an Office Specialist II. This position assists to oversee the activities of the office, and provides varied and high-level administrative and technical support. This position reports to appropriate supervisor or department head. Advises others on processes, procedures, and services.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Responsibilities include communicating with faculty to process Department curriculum change forms and Curriculog. Some faculty also request assistance from this office to enter final grades at the end of the semesters, set up courses and make available to students for spring, summer and fall academic semesters. Must be able to make necessary changes and or add new courses into KSIS as needed by the department. Ability to grant students permission to enroll in courses for a semester per instructor. Assist faculty and students with information in KSIS. Having a working knowledge of academic procedures and deadlines. Work directly with faculty, students, college advisors, Registrar's office and other university departments on a regular basis.
• Provide administrative assistance to supervisor, department head or faculty members by maintaining the calendar for scheduling activities, setting up the rooms, courses, and meetings. Daily distribution of mail for the department and answer questions pertaining to the outgoing process. Assist faculty, staff and students with key and badge access with the proper forms and keeping organized files and spreadsheets. Complete proper forms, documentation and organized records for visiting scholars to attend the University. This position reports to a direct supervisor. Helps supervisor serve as a resource for faculty and staff regarding basic procedures. Assist Department Safety Officer to facilitate equipment and office moves, including generating Purchase Orders as needed in General Ledger.
• Responsible for monitoring and providing updated materials to IT staff to update our webpages pages. This will include communicating with media communications staff in the College concerning DMP faculty and staff members' achievements which should be highlighted. This will be completed on an as-needed basis or at least once a week.
• Keep organized records of all faculty, staff and students in the department. Exercises discretion concerning highly sensitive and confidential information. Will also update boards on the walls for all faculty and students. Update telephone directory for the faculty, staff and students. Order office supplies/toner cartridges for the department using General Ledger and state contracted accounts. Bi-weekly to once a month. Set up meeting rooms for Seminar and Journal club weekly in the spring and fall semesters by setting up the slide shows for speakers and assisting with Adobe connect or Zoom.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• One year work experience in general office, clerical and administrative support work.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Personal computing and data entry courses, business procedure course, and general secretarial skills
• Knowledge of computers and software
• Public relation skill, positive and cooperative relationships with faculty, students and colleagues, good listening skills, and ability to follow through. Demonstrate good judgement and independent decisions.
• General knowledge of English grammar, spelling and arithmetic
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 13.43 - $ 20.14 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 12, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233657