Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Office Specialist IV (Department of English)
Department: 3670020100 English
Job no: 510661
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Office / Clerical, Customer Service
Pay Grade: 07A
About This Role:
The Department of English invites applications for an Office Specialist IV to serve as our budget officer, personnel specialist, graduate program coordinator, and office manager.
This position works closely with the Department Head, independently and through supervision, to manage the day-to-day operation of the Department which is essential to the mission of the Department and the University.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
• Prepare and process all departmental hiring and payroll documentation with accuracy and with attention to Department, College, and University regulations and policies.
• Maintain all financial paperwork, keeping track of income and expenditures and reconciling departmental accounts including operating budget, grant accounts, payroll accounts, DSO accounts, restricted fee accounts and 25+ KSU Foundation accounts, compiling them for regular review with the Department Head and other faculty as needed.
• Serve as Program Assistant for Undergraduate and Graduate Programs by assisting department executive administration in the management of day-to-day operations, including maintaining student records, supervising and assisting with administrative support for all major department programs and tracks, and managing notification of acceptance, collection and tracking of application materials for Graduate Program through CollegeNet.
• Manage the day-to-day operation of the Department's main office to ensure that the office runs smoothly and professionally, overseeing the workflow of the office by hiring, training, supervising, evaluating, and assigning jobs to the Office Specialist II and the student employees. Also responsible for issuing and tracking keys utilized by department personnel; maintaining annual inventory; conducting annual inventory reports as required by State guidelines; assisting the Dept. Head with issues relating to building management; and serving as departmental liaison with other campus departments.
Why Join Us:
The English Department at Kansas State University is committed to enhancing the intellectual and cultural lives of its students, its faculty, and the citizens of the region. Through high quality instruction, research, and service, it works to sustain a deep level of critical and creative thinking about literature and the world and to encourage habits of mind that serve as the foundation for a variety of future careers for Kansas State students. To learn more about the Department of English, please visit https://www.k-state.edu/english/.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Two year college or technical degree. At least three years experience in similar or related position.
• 4 year college or technical degree in field of business, business education, accounting, or humanities.
• Experience communicating effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Successful use of independent judgment, professional etiquette, organizational skills, and multi-tasking skills.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Notary Public after employment
How to Apply:
Combine the following documents into a single PDF file and upload it along with your completed application:
• Letter of application. To greatly strengthen your application, please apply your communication skills to clearly address the position responsibilities and qualifications, and demonstrate how your work style, vision, and other distinctive qualities would enhance our organization.
• Names and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately. For best consideration, apply by May 17, 2021. Preferred start date: June 7, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$16.67-18.75 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: May 11, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2258067