Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLINE EDUCATIONAL COORDINATOR – 141723
University of Illinois Extension
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
WE TRANSFORM LIVES.
Everything we do is designed to improve the quality of life of the people in the state of Illinois, across the nation, and around the world. We discover, develop, translate, and disseminate knowledge to address societal concerns and train the next generation of experts and leaders in a way that empowers them to expand the boundaries of science to higher levels of understanding and influence.
Be a part of our story. Through learning partnerships that extend knowledge and change lives, University of Illinois Extension provides educational programs aimed at making life better, healthier, safer, and more profitable for individuals and their communities. Illinois Extension has operated continuously for more than 100 years connecting the citizens of Illinois to their land-grant university by providing educational programming around the state. University of Illinois Extension is based in the College of ACES and works with all colleges and units of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
The Online Educational Coordinator for University of Illinois Extension serves as a regular, full time, 12 month academic professional with primary responsibility for designing, developing, evaluating and supporting online courses and educational experiences for users.
One full time position is available.
Location: Champaign-Urbana Campus
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
Specific responsibilities of the Online Educational Coordinator are as follows:
Design, Development, and Support
· Design and development of online courses for a variety of audiences including youth, volunteers, professionals and educators, using Articulate Storyline and other software to create and execute the online instruction.
· Collaborate with Extension Specialists and Educators, as well as faculty, to turn information into engaging online content with user friendly interface.
· Maintain and support U of I Extension online courses.
· Train and support staff in their use of instructional technology, including Moodle, Zoom, and similar platforms, as it applies to online learning.
Evaluation and Organizational Requirements
· Evaluate software and technology for online educational use.
· Use best practices in online education design.
· Comply with Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of University work and responsibilities.
· Assume additional related responsibilities to enhance the mission of the unit.
· To perform the functions of this position, the employee will be required to perform work both within an office and outside in the communities that are served, and must have the capability to travel from one location to the other in a timely fashion. Employee is responsible for securing personal transportation. A valid drivers license is preferred. Some work will be required during evenings and/or weekends. When working, the employee may be exposed to a variety of environmental factors to include, but not limited to, hot or cold weather, exposure to noise and allergens, and uneven ground. In performing the functions of this position, the employee may be subjected to various mental and physical demands as well to include, but not limited to, independently traveling to and performing work at different locations, lifting and moving items that may occasionally weigh up to forty (40) pounds and frequently weigh up to twenty (20) pounds, and twisting, pushing and pulling movements. More detailed information regarding the functions of this position (including the physical, mental and environmental requirements of the position) may be obtained from Human Resources for the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) by contacting email@example.com.
The Online Educational Coordinator is administratively responsible to the Web Applications Development Manager.
· Bachelor’s degree in education, technology, or related field from an accredited institution of higher education. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in progress may be considered for interviews, but degree must be completed by hire date.
· One year of experience in online training and online program development.
· Experience with Articulate Storyline.
· Experience with project management.
· Experience with Moodle of other Learning Management Systems (LMS).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of audio/visual formats and equipment. Knowledge of curriculum development best practices and multilingual with educational content translation experience is preferred.
This position is a full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Generous vacation and sick leave. State Universities Retirement System. Group health, dental, vision and life insurance.
To apply, go to https://go.illinois.edu/141723. Log in to your account and upload a cover letter and resume, as well as the names and contact information of three professional references. Resume dates must be in month/year format and employment history, at a minimum, should include all work dating back to the completion of your undergraduate degree. Positions that were less than full-time/100% must be noted as being part-time. Transcripts may be requested at a later date. To receive full consideration, all requested application materials must be submitted via the online system by the close date of March 8, 2021.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment. The University of Illinois must also comply with applicable federal export control laws and regulations and, as such, reserves the right to employ restricted party screening procedures for applicants.
For further information about the position please contact Search Chair, Judy Bingman at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical assistance with the online application process, please email email@example.com.