Oregon State Ecampus is a growing, innovative, and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world. OSU Ecampus is a leader in national online education, our online bachelor’s program is currently ranked in the top 10 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and has ranked in the top 10 for nine consecutive years.
This recruitment will be used to fill one full-time business support specialist (administrative program specialist) position for Ecampus at Oregon State University (OSU). This position reports to the Business Operations Manager.
The Business Support Specialist is a member of the administrative support team that provides support to Ecampus operations. This position is focused on providing support for the internal Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) funding process, managing the fund transfer record-keeping process within a custom Salesforce system, producing reports, and developing systems for financial tracking. This position works closely with the Business Operations Manager in overseeing the operations budget for Ecampus and communicating with OSU’s Financial Strategic Services team with financial updates. The Business Support Specialist is also responsible for various purchasing activities for Ecampus. This individual will need to understand and apply OSU accounting methods and controls to ensure timely and accurate processing and reporting of business data.
Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of this division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. This position supports these goals directly by participating in division efforts that support a welcoming community and by attending training and activities that demonstrate this priority.
Position Duties Include:
50% MOU FINANCE MANAGEMENT
- Monitor and evaluate Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) with partners internally and across the university. Review and advise on terms and agreements for financial obligations during the drafting stage of new MOUs.
- Prepare budget transfer requests, validate data accuracy in the Salesforce system, and identify and correct any discrepancies in data. Coordinate with Financial Strategic Services and Colleges to obtain information needed to process the transactions.
- Maintain records of financial reporting for programs as specified in the MOU. Collaborates with other administrative team members and executive leadership to provide data for reports shared with college leadership.
- Develop financial reports specific to MOU terms using University financial data, Cooperative Open Reporting Environment (CORE) reports, and Ecampus’ Salesforce program and course development system.
- Enter MOU data and funding information into the Salesforce system for other unit transactions.
- Enter, track, and process budget transfers for new program advising and annual advising support.
- Maintain contact lists for internal financial partners. Develop systems to best provide notifications of pending and completed budget transactions to campus partners. Research and respond to inquiries as necessary.
- As the primary user of the financial module within the Salesforce program and course development system, develop processes and maintain documentation for accurate record-keeping and data. Maintain expertise and advise on modifications to the system to meet changing needs. Collaborate with other system users as a project team member for future updates.
30% FINANCE AND REPORTING SUPPORT
- Work closely with the Business Operations Manager to research and prepare operations budget reports for executive leadership. Provide analysis of expenses by organizational categories. Participate in meetings about finances with Ecampus leadership as needed.
- Prepare financial information for budget and grant proposals with consideration of Office for Sponsored Research and Award Administration financial guidelines. Prepare grant expenditure reports as needed for executive and senior leadership.
- Participate in conversations and meetings with the Financial Strategic Services team to identify and collaborate on process improvement.
- Conduct reviews of expenses to verify correct index, account, and activity codes are used. Process journal voucher transactions as requested by others or as found necessary.
- As requested, design spreadsheets using advanced features that enhance the understanding of the data being presented.
15% PURCHASING AND ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
- Independently, or in collaboration with Business Operations Manager, develop internal processes and documentation for various business functions, including cash handling, deposits, and purchases that require central administration review and approval.
- Oversee the gift card and incentive purchasing processes, including the development of guidelines based on consultation with OSU’s central travel and expense office.
- Provide backup for administrative staff as needed for purchasing, travel arrangements and reimbursements, contracts, and activity code/detail code requests.
5% PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND SERVICE
- Serve as a member of unit, division, and university teams and committees. Participate in approved professional development opportunities.
Two years of experience as an administrative specialist or executive support specialist which included administrative support for a project, program, or operation. Administrative support includes those duties beyond clerical/secretarial such as: interpretation of laws, rules, and regulations; administrative data collection and analysis; and evaluation of projects, processes, and operations; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience. One year of postsecondary education may be substituted for up to one year of the experience.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Experience tracking financial data and processing financial transactions
- Experience in data manipulation, and preparing reports and spreadsheets using Excel that present financial data accurately and in various formats
- Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of tasks and responsibilities while maintaining flexibility, attention to detail, prioritizing workload, and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and use creative problem solving
- Experience communicating, working, collaborating, and building relationships within a team environment, including internal leaders and external partners
- Ability to learn and adapt to new programs, systems, and processes
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
- Experience working in higher education
- A basic understanding of the financial aspects and terminology of grants and contracts
- Experience using OSU financial systems
- Experience using Salesforce or similar systems used to track data
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life. OSU pays 95% of premiums for you and your eligible dependents.
- Vacation leave (8 hours/month), sick leave (8 hours/month), personal leave (24 hours/year), and 10 paid holidays (+1 Special Day). Vacation leave increases during length of service.
- Professional development opportunities
- Cell phone provider discounts available at AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile/Sprint
- Free confidential mental health and emotional support services, and counseling resources.
- Retirement savings paid by the university.
- Tuition reduction benefits for you or your qualifying dependents at OSU or the additional six Oregon Public Universities.
- Robust Work Life programs including Dual Career assistance resources, flexible work arrangements, a Family Resource Center, Affinity Groups and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Summary of Benefits: https://hr.oregonstate.edu/benefits/prospective-employee
- Total Rewards Package Calculator – https://hr.oregonstate.edu/benefits/new-employees/benefits-calculator
Pay range: $18.92/hour – $28.59/hour. The starting salary is typically at the lower end of the salary range.
- Typical office environment
- Ecampus operates on a hybrid schedule, Tuesdays and Thursdays are designated in-office days.
- This position may require travel.
- This position may require working events after hours or on the weekends.
How to apply: If you are excited about the opportunity to work with a mission-driven organization please submit an application using the link – https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/141910
Closing date: 8/28/2023