The Division of Educational Ventures at Oregon State University (OSU) is a growing, innovative, and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online education. The division extends OSU’s exceptional learning experiences including microcredentials, certificates, and degrees available to students throughout Oregon and around the world.
The division includes Ecampus, offering over 100 online and hybrid degree programs; the Ecampus Research Unit (ECRU), conducting and supporting original research in online teaching and learning; the Corporate and Workforce Education Unit (CWE), creating pathways for learners employed by partners in business and government; the Center for the Outdoor Recreation Economy (CORE), providing workforce development for the outdoor recreation industry; the Open Educational Resources Unit (OER), aiding faculty in adopting open course materials; and the Alternative Credential Unit (ACU), developing short-form educational opportunities
The Division of Educational Ventures (DEV) is a leader in national online education, our online bachelor’s program is currently ranked in the top 10 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and has ranked in the top 10 for nine consecutive years.
The Digital Marketing Manager is a full-time (1.0 FTE), professional faculty position for Educational Ventures at OSU. DEV currently operates on a hybrid schedule. Tuesdays and Thursdays are designated in-office days, as well as additional days as needed.
The Digital Marketing Manager will be part of the Marketing and Enrollment Services (MES) team and will report directly to the Assistant Director of Digital Marketing and Marketing Intelligence. A primary focus for the Digital Marketing Manager is coordinating digital marketing tactics and initiatives for OSU Ecampus’ use of digital marketing with the goal of amplifying brand awareness and increasing recruitment for online degrees, certificates and microcredential programs. This position works in close collaboration with the Ecampus marketing team and the Assistant Director of Digital Marketing and Marketing Intelligence, coordinating digital marketing campaign strategies, facilitating digital marketing campaign launches, updates, and optimizations, and collaborating on a regular basis with Ecampus’ digital marketing vendor of record.
The Digital Marketing Manager plays a critical role in coordinating website marketing projects and optimizations that empower digital marketing strategies, facilitate user testing, and other digital research projects in alignment with the digital marketing technology and user experience roadmap goals and strategic priorities.
Oregon State University and the Division of Educational Ventures maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of this division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. This position supports these goals directly by ensuring digital marketing materials are inclusive, including meeting accessibility standards as well as visually representing the diverse range of identities of online adult learners across the world in an effort to promote and enhance diversity.
Key Responsibilities Include:
50% DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGEMENT AND COORDINATION
- Supports relationship with digital marketing agency of record, managing and coordinating digital marketing initiatives
- Manages internal digital marketing process review and refinements
- Collaborates with the internal marketing team to facilitate digital marketing campaign launches, updates, and optimizations.
- Records campaign content and ad collateral to ensure internal documentation is up to date Ensures campaign quality by auditing campaigns to confirm accuracy and transparency
- Assists in digital marketing reporting and analytics, accessing native platform dashboards and internal reporting systems
- Maintains documentation on campaign best practices, ad placement specs and copy structure
- Monitors campaigns for potential fraudulent interactions or algorithmic issues in collaboration with agency of record and supervisor
40% DIGITAL MARKETING TECHNOLOGY AND USER EXPERIENCE MANAGEMENT
- Executes efforts within the digital marketing strategic roadmap in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Coordinates optimizations to website marketing initiatives based on strategic goals and project milestones
- Facilitates user testing and other digital marketing research and development tactics to support efforts in digital and website marketing projects
10% PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND SERVICE
- Participates in professional development activities related to duties assigned, including serving on campus committees, presenting work to internal audiences, attending related conferences, recruitment events and graduation reception.
- Participates in Division of Educational Ventures / Ecampus events.
- Continually updates skills and knowledge of new and creative trends in the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing / communications / business or a field relevant to the duties outlined in the position description
- Two years of professional marketing / communications experience, including development, implementation, and management of digital marketing tactics
- Project management experience, including demonstrated success and willingness to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Experience managing digital marketing efforts, including understanding and experience in digital advertising management platforms and tools including Google Ads/analytics, Meta, LinkedIn and emerging digital marketing tools and technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to adhere to deadlines
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
- Master’s degree, certificate or demonstrated commitment to continuing education in digital marketing, communications, or a related field
- Experience with digital marketing analysis and data-drive decision making and the ability to extract value from reporting tools
- Basic understanding of design and brand principles as it related to digital marketing materials
- Experience with website marketing projects and user experience testing
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Experience with project management tools, such as Basecamp and AirTable
- A proven track record of creative and innovative work
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life. OSU pays 95% of premiums for you and your eligible dependents.
- Vacation leave (15 hours/month), sick leave (8 hours/month), and 10 paid holidays (+1 Special Day).
- Professional development opportunities
- Cell phone provider discounts available at AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile/Sprint
- Free confidential mental health and emotional support services, and counseling resources.
- Retirement savings paid by the university.
- Tuition reduction benefits for you or your qualifying dependents at OSU or the additional six Oregon Public Universities.
- Robust Work Life programs including Dual Career assistance resources, flexible work arrangements, a Family Resource Center, Affinity Groups and an Employee Assistance Program.
- Summary of Benefits: https://hr.oregonstate.edu/benefits/prospective-employee
Pay range: The anticipated starting salary is $66,000 – $75,000. The starting salary will be commensurate with education, skills, experience and internal equity.
- Ecampus currently operates on a hybrid schedule, Tuesdays and Thursdays are designated in-office days as well as additional days as needed.
- Typical office environment.
- This position may require travel.
- This position may require working events after hours or on the weekends.
How to apply: If you are excited about the opportunity to work with a mission-driven organization please submit an application using the link – https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/145650 Posting #P07459UF
Closing date: 11/20/2023