Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Post Doctoral Fellow
Department: 3670045050 Tim Taylor Dept Chemical Engr
Job no: 512028
Employment type: Post Doc (Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
The Materials Research Laboratory for Sustainable Energy in The Tim Taylor Department of Chemical Engineering at Kansas State University is seeking a full-time postdoctoral researcher with fuel cell and electrochemistry background. The postdoctoral researcher will work on two projects, one is developing solid oxide cells for power generation and chemicals manufacturing; the second one studying advanced electrocatalysts for chemical energy storage.
Why Join Us:
This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays.
To learn more visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Ph.D. in Materials Science, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering
• Experience in electrochemical characterization including EIS, CV, and others
• Experience in inorganic materials synthesis and electrochemistry
• Experience in fuel cells and other electrochemical devices including electrolysis cells, batteries
• Familiar with SEM, TEM, XPS, XRD, GC-FID-TCD-MS, FTIR, Raman, and other materials characterization techniques
• Ability to meet project deadlines
• Ability to design and conduct advanced experiments
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Curriculum Vitae
• Cover Letter
• Three letters of recommendation
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by February 1st, 2022
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$48,000 - $49,000 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jan 03, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2748206