Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Power Plant Operator
Department: 3670060130 Fac Power Plant & Utilities
Job no: 511331
Employment type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Facilities / Grounds / Skilled Trades
Pay Grade: 09A
About This Role:
The Power Plant Operator exists to provide operating and maintenance support in the Power Plant operation in order to fulfill its mission of providing uninterrupted utility service to the campus. The schedule is 7:30am to 4:00pm M-F for Maintenance with shift rotation on Saturdays and Sundays to include midnight to 8 am, 4 pm to midnight. Shifts run Sunday to Sunday.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a high school diploma and three years of relevant experience (Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by a hiring manager.) This position is covered by the Kansas Association of Public Employees (KAPE) agreement.
• Prefer skill in the use of tools and the operation of machines and equipment commonly used in preventive maintenance and repair work
• Two years of experience in the following building mechanical trades: electrical, electronics, plumbing, power plant operation, boiler operation, HVAC, and electronic/pneumatic control repair
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Have and maintain a valid drivers license.
• Must become certified as a Class I Asbestos worker during the probationary period and maintain it.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Online Application
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$21.51 to $27.43 hourly
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Aug 23, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2455737