Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Principal Faculty (Physician Assistant Program)
Department: 3670055010 Health & Human Sciences Dean
Job no: 510782
Employment type: Academic / Faculty - 12 month
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
The Physician Assistant Program, within the College of Health and Human Sciences, is currently seeking a Principal Faculty member to join their team. This position is responsible for teaching the prescribed didactic and clinical curriculum to physician assistant students and evaluating their progress. This position will report directly to the PA Program Director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as Course director for any available course of the didactic or clinical year
• Provide student instruction, evaluation of student performance and assure availability of remedial instruction in assigned courses
• Administer End-of-Rotation exam during the clinical phase of the curriculum
• Develop and deliver lecture, laboratory, and small group interactive sessions based on program needs and individual faculty experience and expertise
• Participate in lab sessions and simulations
• Participate in routine evaluation of PA student competencies
• Review and update instructional objectives, assist in the development of new clinical preceptors, prepare and administer exams, assign student grades, and review rotation evaluation data
• Assist Program Director with summative assessment process for determining student readiness to enter clinical rotations and future clinical practice
• Assist Clinical Director in developing new clinical sites as needed for the training of students, which ensure adequate contact with patients to fulfill stated rotation objectives
• Participate in the initial and ongoing evaluation of the PA program; participating in the detailed analysis and reports for on-going program evaluation, assessment, and improvement
• Participate in the screening, interviewing, and selection of applicants for the PA program
• Serve as an advisor, providing guidance and mentorship to students in all phases of training regarding their academic performance and professional development
• Serve as a primary mentor for students working to fulfill the Capstone requirement
• Serve as the chair or member of assigned advisory sub-committee (admissions, promotion/professionalism, accreditation, didactic curriculum, clinical curriculum)
• Participate in grant proposals, monitoring and reports
The ideal candidate has:
• Knowledge of PA program planning, development, and fiscal management
• Knowledge of accreditation process for PA programs
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent English-language written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated instructional and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to interface with students, faculty, staff and community members with tact and clarity
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Flexibility to work overtime and/or weekends as required
This full-time, 12-month position at the rank of clinical assistant professor has a preferred starting date of November 2021, with competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience (for information regarding how benefits may apply to this position, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/).
Why Join Us:
The College of Health and Human Sciences is home to six academic departments (Applied Human Sciences; Food, Nutrition, Dietetics & Health; Hospitality Management; Interior Design & Fashion Studies; Personal Financial Planning; and Kinesiology) and three academic units (Interdisciplinary Program in Gerontology, Family and Consumer Sciences Education, and General Human Ecology Studies). In addition, the college received approval from the Kansas Board of Regents to begin a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program. The College enrolls roughly 2,800 students (graduate and undergraduate) and employs more than 115 full-time faculty members in teaching, research, and Extension positions (https://www.hhs.k-state.edu/). The College is committed to promoting research, scholarship, creative activity, and discovery with a strategic and cohesive focus on health and human behavior.
Kansas State University is a distinguished public, land-grant institution renowned for the excellence of its faculty, students, staff, academic programs, research, and service. It is a three-campus system with the main campus located in Manhattan and the other campuses in Olathe and Salina. Online degree programs, professional development conferences and workshops, and enrichment classes and programs are offered through the K-State Global Campus. The university has an enrollment of more than 22,200 students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries. K-State was recognized by the Princeton Review as one of America's best colleges and U.S. News & World Report lists the university among the top 75 public universities in the U.S. The mission of K-State is to foster excellent teaching, research, extension, and service that develop a highly skilled and educated citizenry necessary to advancing the well-being of Kansas, the nation, and the international community. K-State is also implementing an aggressive plan to become a top 50 public research university by 2025 (http://www.k-state.edu/2025).
K-State is centered on a 664 acre campus in Manhattan located 50 miles west of the state capital of Topeka and 125 miles west of Kansas City in the rolling Flint Hills. Manhattan provides access to a wide range of educational, cultural, medical, and recreational programs and facilities. The local economy is bolstered by K-State and its proximity to Fort Riley, a large U.S. Army installation, and is the future home of the National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility (NBAF).
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
Physician Assistant with the following:
• Master's degree
• Current NCCPA certification
• Current Kansas Physician Assistant license or eligibility for Kansas licensure
• Five years of clinical practice experience
Physician with the following:
• MD or DO
• Current Kansas Physician license or eligibility for Kansas licensure
• One year of clinical practice experience
Non-clinician Scientist or Health Professional with the following:
• Doctoral degree in a health or science related field
• Two years of teaching experience either as a preceptor for healthcare students or in higher education
• ARC-PA accreditation experience
• Earned doctoral degree in an appropriate discipline
• Experience teaching in PA/Medical education
• Three years of teaching experience
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Contact information for three professional references
Inquiries about the position should be directed to the search committee chair, Bradley Dirks, PA-C, M.Ed. (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org), with the subject line: PA Program Principal Faculty Search.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Initial review of applications and interviews will begin in August/September and continue until position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: May 27, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2284598