Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Procurement Coordinator (Veterinary Health Center)
Department: 3670080070 Veterinary Health Center
Job no: 511364
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Office / Clerical, Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 08A
About this Role:
The Veterinary Health Center (VHC) within the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Procurement Coordinator. This position oversees the processes to procure VHC products, supplies, and material; including the implementation of an inventory management system and bar coding. Procurement and management of surgical and medical supplies for daily hospital use. Maintain inventory control of all medical/surgical supplies. Assist in preparation of bid invitations, analysis and award of contracts.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Procurement of Medical/Surgical supplies and equipment for the Veterinary Health Center: Reviews requests for purchases and locates potential vendors for Medical/Surgical supplies and equipment while maintaining a thorough knowledge of state purchasing procedures. Establishes adequate levels of supplies ensuring a smooth operation of the Health Center. Maintain working relationships with company representatives to maintain effective pricing and knowledge of surgical and medical supplies. Assist business office in preparation of invitation to bid, analysis and award of contracts. Serve as backup to business office for preparation of invitations to bid, analysis and award of contracts.
• Inventory Management: Complete an analysis on inventory management systems for purchase and lead the implementation process within the Veterinary Health Center. Review, compare and analyze purchases to determine most appropriate product. Recommend appropriate inventory management procedures for approval. Manage and monitor inventory management procedures to ensure adequate inventory available for services, minimizing stock holding and handling costs. Establishes appropriate PAR levels, maintains supply room and tracks distribution location. Establish a bar coding system to track our inventory “real-time” with usage tracking.
• Procurement - Other: Serve as backup procurement provider for all other purchasing centers in the VHC and DCS. These include: 1) Equipment, printing, food and vehicles, 2) Dispensary, 3) Research, 4) Office supplies and furniture.
• Management: Utilize the data provided from the VHC inventory tracking system and the bar-coding system to establish procurement agreements with vendors to reduce expenses. Provide supervisory oversight to the Procurement Team as directed by the Hospital Administrator and Hospital Director to ensure the supplies are maintained at established par levels.
• Performs other duties as requested by VHC Administrator, VHC Director, or DCS Department Head. Work is periodically reviewed by supervisor for results achieved.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree (Educational equivalency may be used as determined relevant by a hiring manager)
• Valid driver's license upon employment
• Excellent relationship management skills; including strong negotiation and time management skills
• Two years experience in procuring commodities and services which include preparing order specifications, estimates, bids, contracts and awarding contracts
• Experience providing independent, complex work experience in administrative support
• Two years experience with inventory management and control
• Knowledge of medical supplies and equipment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of inventory control consents and software
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 39,780 - $ 61,649 annual salary
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Aug 29, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2467497