Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Procurement Officer I (Veterinary Health Center)
Department: 3670080070 Veterinary Health Center
Job no: 511011
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 06A
About this Role:
The Veterinary Health Center (VHC) within the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Procurement Officer I. Responsibilities include procurement and management of surgical and medical supplies for daily hospital use, maintaining inventory control of all medical/surgical supplies and assisting in preparation of bid invitations, analysis and award of contracts.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Procurement of Medical/Surgical supplies and equipment for the Veterinary Health Center. Reviews requests for purchases and locates potential vendors for Medical/Surgical supplies and equipment while maintaining a thorough knowledge of state purchasing procedures. Establishes adequate levels of supplies ensuring a smooth operation of the Health Center. Maintain working relationships with company representatives to maintain effective pricing and knowledge of surgical and medical supplies. Assist business office in preparation of invitation to bid, analysis and award of contracts. Serve as backup to business office for preparation of invitations to bid, analysis and award of contracts.
• Inventory Management. Review, compare and analyze purchases to determine most appropriate product. Recommend appropriate inventory management procedures for approval. Manage and monitor inventory management procedures to ensure adequate inventory available for services, minimizing stock holding and handling costs. Establishes appropriate PAR levels, maintains supply room and tracks distribution location.
• Procurement - Other. Serve as backup procurement provider for all other purchasing centers in the VHC and DCS. These include: 1) Equipment, printing, food and vehicles, 2) Dispensary, 3) Research, 4) Office supplies and furniture
• Performs other duties as requested by VHC Administrator, VHC Director, or DCS Department Head. Work is periodically reviewed by supervisor for results achieved.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Two years of relevant experience
• Valid drivers license upon employment
• Excellent relationship management skills; including strong negotiation and time management skills
• Two years experience in procuring commodities and services which include preparing order specifications, estimates, bids, contracts and awarding contracts
• Experience providing independent, complex work experience in administrative support
• Two years experience with inventory management and control
• Knowledge of medical supplies and equipment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of inventory control consents and software
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 15.42 - $ 23.11 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 08, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2360283