Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: 3670005040 Division of Financial Services
Job no: 510507
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Business / Accounting / Finance
Pay Grade: 06A
About This Role:
The Division of Financial Services is recruiting for a Procurement Specialist to join our team providing support and service to the KSU campus through the following duties:
• Complete pre-review of all submitted requisitions for completeness
• Edit and post solicitations and addendums, Assist in Coordinating Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Quotation (RFQ) deadlines and meetings
• Complete bid tabulations, Create Purchase Orders (PO), Review Contracts, Assist Contract Administrator in contract review and IT Technical Review
• Assist Contract Administrator in the contract renewal
• Manage contract database and facilitate retention of contracts
• Facilitate Open Record requests
• Monitor and answer questions by departments and vendors
• Maintain and update Purchasing web pages
To succeed in this role the individual will need strong attention to detail, an understanding of the procurement life cycle process, skilled in professional communication across multiple mediums, a strong background in Microsoft Office programs and paperless workflow tools, and robust organizational skills. Ideal candidates are knowledgeable of contract law and the ability to read complex information, works well under pressure, and a proficient multi-tasker.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High School Diploma and two years of relevant experience or educational equivalency
• Strong attention to detail
• Understanding of the procurement life cycle process
• Solid understanding of contract law and the ability to read complex information
• Skilled communication across multiple mediums (email, phone, writing)
• Strong background in MS Word, Excel, and paperless workflow tools
• Adept at being organized and working well under pressure
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Letter of Interest
• Provide Three professional references with current contact information.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by April 23, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$15.12 to $18.88 hourly
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your employment application, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 09, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233660