Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670010055 Communication and Ag Education
Job no: 511352
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Agriculture, Communications / Public Relations / Marketing, Executive / Director / Management
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
We are looking for a highly motivated communication specialist to produce a daily agricultural media program featuring the research-based information generated by K-State Research and Extension programs, agents and specialists. As producer/director you will:
• Host the long-running Agriculture Today radio broadcast/podcast.
• Communicate the impact of Extension programs and research on behalf of the agriculture industry in Kansas and surrounding states.
• Create digital audio content for the K-State Radio Network and collaborate to promote communication support for KSRE and the College of Agriculture.
Why Join Us:
It is an exciting time in agriculture research and extension programming. You will be instrumental in delivering research discovery to stakeholders and constituents. You will have the opportunity to influence the future of digital audio production for KSRE and the College of Agriculture.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Associate degree in agricultural communications, broadcast journalism, agricultural education, agricultural science, or related field.
• Five years of professional audio production experience, including interviewing in a studio and on location.
• A bachelor's degree in agricultural communications, broadcast journalism, agricultural education, agricultural science, or related field may substitute for up to two years of required experience.
• Experience creating audio programs for radio and podcasts; working for a radio station, a communications and marketing agency, or similar professional communications environment.
• Ability to meet a daily production deadline.
• Expertise using audio-studio tools (professional-grade microphones, mixers, digital audio workstations, audio editing software).
• Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Adobe Audition.
• Working familiarity with, or direct professional experience in, production agriculture.
• Experience developing, implementing, and monitoring organizational brand(s) and ensuring branding consistency.
• Experience with social media tools, web content development and blogging platforms.
• Ability to think strategically and develop implementation plans with strong follow-through and measurable results.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Experience working with or for a land-grant university.
• Supervisory experience.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• All K-State employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless granted an exemption by the university) by December 8, 2021 or their first day of employment, whichever is later, pursuant to the federal executive order for federal contractors. To learn more about this requirement and potential exemptions, please visit K-State's COVID-19 website.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Letter of application/cover letter
• Links to a publicly available portfolio website with examples of audio presentation and production.
• Names and contact information of four professional references.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$42,500 - $55,000
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jan 12, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2776646