Jobs at Member Institutions & APLU
Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Oklahoma State University
Department of Human Development and Family Science
Professor and Department Head
Oklahoma State University seeks candidates eligible for appointment as a tenured full Professor and Head (12-month appointment) in the Department of Human Development and Family Science. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to embody and convey the land-grant mission of teaching, research, and extension to varying audiences and be a strong advocate for all aspects of the Department of Human Development and Family Science.
A review of applications will commence December 1, 2021, with applications accepted until the position is filled. The position begins July 1, 2022.
- Serve as an advocate and spokesperson for the Department of Human Development and Family Science.
- Provide visionary leadership.
- Work effectively and collegially with administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to departmental faculty members to aid in their professional development.
- Facilitate the recruitment and retention of diverse faculty, staff, and students.
- Promote life-enhancing research.
- Foster inspirational teaching and learning.
- Cultivate empowerment in Extension education and community engagement.
- Possess an understanding and appreciation for the mission of land-grant institutions like Oklahoma State University.
- Exemplify the value of inclusiveness, multicultural competencies, and social justice.
- Serve as liaison and advocate for the Department of Human Development and Family Science to the administrative team of the College of Education and Human Sciences in support of mission goals and strategies.
- Represent the Department to state and federal agencies, private organizations, partners and collaborators, and key industry groups.
- Provide leadership for acquisition of internal and external resources to enhance the departmental mission.