Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Assistant (Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance)
Department: 3670055010 Health & Human Sciences Dean
Job no: 511050
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional
Pay Grade: 06A
About This Role:
The College of Health & Human Sciences is looking to hire a Program Assistant for the Great Plains IDEA organization. This position will work directly with the Great Plains IDEA Executive Director and the Lead Institution management team that oversees the operation of the alliance. The Program Assistant will become knowledgeable and able to support all levels of the alliance including activities of the academic programs, data collection, and facilitation of meetings and communications. This position will be responsible for assisting with special projects in all phases of planning, implementation, and evaluation and must have the ability to anticipate project needs, determine work priorities, monitor progress toward goals, track details/data/information/activities, and meet deadlines with little supervision.
Why Join Us:
Great Plains IDEA is a multi‐institutional alliance that offers distance education programs primarily at the graduate level in Human Sciences and Agriculture. The mission of the Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (Great Plains IDEA) is to serve learners by offering online, flexible, affordable instruction for a virtual community of individuals from diverse backgrounds. Our alliance offers high-quality, academic programs that are greater in reach and significance than any single university could offer alone by sharing resources in efficient ways. Under a contract with the Great Plains IDEA Cabinet, Kansas State University provides management services to Great Plains IDEA.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High school diploma
• One year of relevant experience
• Bachelor's degree
• 2-3 years of experience working in higher education
• Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
• Excellent interpersonal skills both in-person, by phone, and online
• Proficient using the latest version of Microsoft Office, email, and search engines
• Demonstrated ability to utilize web tools for communication
• Demonstrated ability to organize complex projects, solve problems, and initiate and complete activities independently in a timely manner
• Ability to extract, analyze, and transmit complex information from a variety of sources
• Ability to design and enter information in a variety of formats (such as narrative, manuscripts, business correspondence, statistical tables, etc.)
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Ability to proofread and edit for grammar, spelling, syntax, and style
• Experience in working with faculty or administration in an academic setting
• Creativity and innovation
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with online education as a student, teacher, or other support role
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
For more information please contact Chelsea Barbercheck, Great Plains IDEA Executive Director, at mailto:email@example.com.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$ 15.42 - $ 23.11 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 07, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2356346