Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670040010 Education Dean of
Job no: 510596
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Education / Instructional, Office / Clerical, Research / Scientific / Grants
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
The College of Education seeks a program coordinator to support faculty, staff and administrative leaders in the preparation of external grant proposals. This role will assist in developing resources to support proposal development, such as checklists and timelines, and providing support for pre-award activities, including electronic document creating and submission through various official portals (i.e., Cayuse). The position will also assist in reviewing and editing draft proposals in the college and facilitating proposal submission. Works closely and in conjunction with leadership and other research development personnel to identify and prioritize research opportunities in support of strategic initiatives, objectives, and goals. The candidate must be highly organized, detail-oriented and deadline-driven with excellent writing, editing, and proofreading abilities.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a bachelor's degree. This position may use an educational equivalency as determined relevant by a hiring manager
• Bachelor's degree in closely related field appropriate to area of assignment AND three to five years of experience in technical or grant writing, editing or publishing; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• Demonstrated knowledge of project management practices and methods
• Demonstrated knowledge of research and evaluation methods
• Experience in using Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Google Docs, and Qualtrics
• Experience in prioritizing and organizing
• Experience in critical thinking and problem solving
• Experience working in the field of education
• Experience in successful management of multiple concurrent projects to meet deadlines
• Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of editing rules and guidelines
• Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary writing styles used in preparation of grant/proposals (e.g., APA)
• Ability to collaborate with faculty and department/unit directors to gather critical data for grant submissions
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by May 12, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$39,000 - $50,000
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 28, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2239916