Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU), a research, policy, and advocacy organization dedicated to strengthening and advancing the work of public universities in in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, is seeking a Program Manager to assist the Office of Digital Transformation for Student Success (DTSS) in managing several exciting national initiatives. DTSS aims to advance the use of digital and adaptive learning technologies at member universities to promote equity and student success. Successful candidates will work well with a broad range of individuals and constituencies across the United States. They will be highly motivated and collaborative individuals who are able to communicate effectively. They will possess strong planning, scheduling, project control, budgeting, change management, and relationship management abilities. This full-time position is based in Washington, DC. Employees of APLU are eligible to telework at least two days per week. They must reside in DC, MD, or VA, be up-to-date with their COVID vaccinations and pass standard background checks. For more information, consult www.aplu.org.
APLU is a research, policy, and advocacy organization dedicated to strengthening and advancing the work of public universities in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. With a membership of 248 public research universities, land-grant institutions, state university systems, and affiliated organizations, APLU's agenda is built on the three pillars of increasing degree completion and academic success, advancing scientific research, and expanding engagement. Annually, member campuses enroll 5.0 million undergraduates and 1.3 million graduate students, award 1.3 million degrees, employ 1.3 million faculty and staff, and conduct $49.5 billion in university-based research.
The Office of Digital Transformation for Student Success (DTSS) at APLU is a membership and grant funded organization focused on understanding, implementing and scaling the use of technologies designed to personalize and improve the education experience for all. DTSS fosters multi-institutional cooperation and collaboration among academic affairs leaders to advance the use of technology to improve student learning, retention, and graduation. For more information, please consult www.aplu.org/plc.
The Program Manager will manage the delivery of medium complexity projects with multiple university, commercial, and organizational stakeholders. The Program Manager must develop and maintain relationships and track activities that will support delivery of current projects and facilitate future collaborative opportunities. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
· In coordination with the DTSS team, assist with developing, implementing, and managing project planning processes, work plans, and activity schedules to meet project objectives and deliverables and to report progress to all stakeholders, internal and external.
· Assist with design and implementation of project requirements, collection of higher education institutional data, and its analysis.
· Support DTSS leadership with developing agendas for meetings and workshops. Facilitate in-person, virtual, and hybrid meetings.
· Prepare, review, and edit project reports, research briefs and other relevant documents, ensuring they are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
· Collect, collate, interpret, analyze, and present results of university data to effectively evaluate programs and provide interpretation of findings at internal and external meetings, conferences and other convenings.
· Coordinate and assist the DTSS team, in accordance with APLU Grants Management policies, to track and maintain accurate project financial and budgetary records and supports development, management, and tracking of DTSS contracts. Compares and analyzes project expenditures to project budget(s).
· Effectively monitor and update DTSS digital tools and resources, including but not limited to the website, the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, and project management software.
· Collaborate with APLU communications staff to develop communication strategies to report on completion of key project milestones and outcomes to media and other outlets.
· Coordinate and collaborate with DTSS and APLU program staff, university partners, network partners, grantors, subcontractors, and vendors as appropriate.
· Participate as an integral member of the DTSS Team and APLU employee, and contribute to an inclusive, welcoming, and collegial workplace.
· Support DTSS as opportunities arise with business development and relationship management skills and in other ways as requested.
· Experience with digital learning, online education, instructional design, technology enabled education/training, curriculum development and/or professional development.
· A minimum of three to five years of progressive experience in project planning, project implementation and management, and collaboration with organizational partners.
· Experience in creating realistic project and production timelines and project budgets. Ability to prioritize work effectively and adjust to multiple and competing demands.
· Experience, ability, and desire to interface with all levels of university leaders.
· Strong people management skills including the ability to provide direction to and leadership of indirect reports. Demonstrated success in working in a matrixed professional environment.
· Superior communication, presentation, facilitation, and problem-solving skills. Ability to schedule and lead productive meetings and workshops, both in-person and via web-based communication tools.
· Experience with supporting qualitative and quantitative research or program evaluation.
· Excellent verbal, writing, and editing skills.
· Ability to work independently, take initiative, exercise discretion, maintain confidentiality, demonstrate sound judgment, and follow through assigned tasks to completion.
· Commitment to the work of APLU, equity, and social justice.
· Advanced degree (MA/MS) OR Bachelors’ degree with PMP certification.
· Experience with multiple MS Office software, online video conferencing, knowledge management platforms, project management software, and a willingness to learn new software packages.
· Able to travel domestically as needed for presentations, workshops, and site visits, and in accordance with current APLU health and safety guidelines.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to APLU’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject line of Program Manager no later than August 2, 2022. Applications will be reviewed as received and continue until the position is filled. APLU provides a generous benefits package.
APLU is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to recruiting, employing, training, compensating and promoting staff regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Read more about APLU’s Commitment to Diversity here.