Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: 3670010010 Ag Deans Office & Dir AES
Job no: 510991
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Agriculture, Business / Accounting / Finance, Office / Clerical
Pay Grade: 09A
About This Role:
The Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Collaborative Research on Sorghum and Millet (SMIL) in the College of Agriculture seeks a Program Administrator to join a small, dynamic team working to address sorghum and millet value chain issues in our target countries. The position provides vital assistance to the Director and Assistant Director with respect to operational matters in the implementation of the overall program. The primary responsibility of the Program Administrator (PA) is to assist the ME and Lab-associated faculty and collaborators to assure that the ME remains mission-focused and achieves the program's intended research and engagement outcomes. This responsibility includes a strong role in overall tracking of the program's broad set of reporting and other day-to-day operational issues, as well as involvement in planning and logistics. The PA will engage in continuous monitoring of project implementation against agreed upon deliverables, anticipating and helping to manage activities and outputs, and ensuring program compliance with USAID requirements. The PA will serve as the first point of contact for most routine requests from program partners and other parties.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, agriculture, or related field and one year of relevant experience.
This position may use an educational equivalency as determined by a hiring manager.
• Master's degree in business administration, management, agriculture, or related field.
• Excellent organizational and data management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office, including creating and using spreadsheets.
• Capability to be proactive and productive in a fast-paced environment, sourcing relevant input from appropriate sources and identifying innovative solutions to problems.
• Strong commitment to client satisfaction and provision of information and training.
• Experience monitoring international research project portfolio(s) supported by USAID or other development donor funding.
• Ability to navigate requirements from more than one institutional system, including identifying an effective path forward when these requirements conflict.
• Proven ability and commitment to work across multiple cultural environments.
• Commitment to expanding and fostering diversity and working with multi-cultural research teams.
• Proficient in spoken French.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
Applicants are to submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references with contact information via K-State electronic application system, PageUp.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For further information, please contact Dr. Timothy Dalton at 785-477-8239 or e-mail mailto:email@example.com or contact Nat Bascom 532-2129 with e-mail mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$48,000 - $58,000
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jun 28, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2333097