Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: 3670080040 Diagnostic Medicne Pathobiolog
Job no: 512971
Employment type: Staff Part Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Research / Scientific / Grants, Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 07A
About This Role:
The department of Diagnostic Medicine and Pathobiology within the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Program Associate. The purpose of this position is to coordinate support functions for the CEZID program to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with established priorities, timelines, funding restrictions, or other specifications. May provide budget support for the assigned program or project. The position will also assist with arrangements for special guests and visiting scholars and communicate arrangements to the visitor and associated parties. In addition, this position will assist with publishing newsletters, publications, posters, and reports for distribution to the public in support of the Center on Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (CEZID). This will also involve assistance with maintaining a project database and website along with the sorting, filing, retrieval, and purging of office records and the organization of electronic documents. General administrative duties will also be assigned as needed. Work involves completing several steps and processes and analyzing multiple sources of data to identify facts and take required actions. In addition, this position requires the ability to work flexible hours for example periodically working evenings and weekends to support a conference or workshop.
• This position coordinates support functions for a program or project to ensure that goals and objectives specified are accomplished in accordance with established priorities, timelines, funding restrictions, or other specifications. May provide budget support for the assigned program or project. This position reports to the appropriate administrator.
• This position will assist with maintaining a project database and website along with general administrative duties as assigned.
• This position will design and assist with publishing newsletters, publications, posters, and reports for distribution to the public.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a high school diploma and two years of relevant experience.
• Prefer experience in an office setting with maintaining records and review of information for accuracy and clarity.
• Prefer basic Microsoft Office, Adobe, Scanning, Access database or other database software to manage records.
• Ability to recognize and maintain the confidentiality of records concerning various budgetary, and personnel-related matters as well as understand and handle sensitive information.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills; ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a wide range of people.
• Strong customer-service attitude.
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to type and proficient in the use of a computer, printer, phone, scanner, and copy machine.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Must have a valid driver's license upon employment as there will be instances when position may require the use of a vehicle to pick up visitors and to complete various tasks as needed.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$17.34 - $26.35/hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: May 02, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3049066