Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: 3670010300 Extension Programs
Job no: 511089
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Agriculture, Office / Clerical, Extension Agent / Educator
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
The Kansas Agricultural Mediation Services (KAMS) is a grant program administered by K-State Research and Extension (KSRE) and Kansas State University. KAMS is the United States Department of Agriculture Certified State Agriculture Mediation provider for Kansas. The program has been grant-funded annually since 1988 through the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Certified State Agricultural Mediation Program. KAMS provides resources including mediation, farm financial counseling, and legal education to assist farm families and lenders in navigating uncertain economic conditions, as well as mediations of USDA agency adverse decisions.
KAMS's services are available to Kansas residents who desire assistance in resolving all types of agriculture-related issues.
Location: Manhattan, KS with remote telecommute work possible. Travel and/or remote telecommute to manage the KAMS program.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree in a field related to agriculture, family relationships, agriculture economics, finance, or closely related fields
• Administrative skills/experience program management
• Knowledge of and experience in overall case management.
• Experience in handling and dealing with client stress and stressful situations.
• Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills including public speaking
• Education or training in mediation skills, process, and concepts of mediation
• Administrative skills/experience in grant management, report writing.
• Administrative skills/experience in case management.
• Experience in working with farmers, ranchers, creditors & USDA agencies.
• Understanding of farm management or agricultural economic issues and concepts and experience in working with and assisting farm and ranch managers with financial planning a plus.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
For full consideration apply by July 20. Applications will be taken until the position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$40,000 to $55,000 a year. Commensurate with training and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 13, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2369578
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.