Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program/Project Manager I (Agronomy)
Department: 3670010040 Agronomy
Job no: 510044
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Agriculture, Communications / Public Relations / Marketing, Research / Scientific / Grants, Agronomy
Pay Grade: 10A
About This Role:
The Agronomy Department at Kansas State University is looking for a Program/Project Manager I to coordinate an interdisciplinary research, teaching, and extension team in 3 states for a USDA-funded project, Increasing Water Productivity, Nutrient Use Efficiency, and Soil Health in Rainfed Agricultural Systems of Semi-Arid Southern Great Plains. Responsibilities will include facilitating external outreach efforts, managing/curating project internal and external web site. The successful candidate will also facilitate and provide leadership in organizing and scheduling monthly project conference calls and Advisory Board meetings with the project leadership team, and work with PD, and the Office of Educational Innovation and Evaluation (OEIE) and project leadership to compile project reports to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Why Join Us:
This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays.
To learn more visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• B.S. degree in Agriculture, Communication, Social Sciences or related field
• M.S. or Ph.D. degree in the fields of Agriculture, Communication, or Social Sciences
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with diverse public
• Experience in writing scientific reports, authoring peer-reviewed publications and presenting scientific talks.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
• Strong research and analysis skills.
• Ability to assess problems and develop creative solutions.
• Familiarity with grant-writing, project development and project reporting
• Experience with data management, cleaning and synthesis of large datasets, metadata creation, designing databases using MS Access or other database systems
• Experience in developing and delivering extension programs.
• Experience with or interest in agricultural production, agricultural education, and/or rural community development.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Contact information of three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$ 49,500 - $ 64,310 annual salary
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Mar 16, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233724