Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Coordinator (Graduate School)
Department: 3670050010 Dean of Graduate School
Job no: 511388
Employment type: Staff Part Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Categories: Academic Advising / Support, Administrative / Professional
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
This part time Project Coordinator will provide academic and administrative support for graduate programs offered on Fort Leavenworth based on K-State MOU with the Garrison Command.
• Hold office hours in the Education Center to provide customer service including advising students and to be available to meet with the Education Service Officer (ESO)
• Work collaboratively with the ESO and other staff at the Education Center to resolve problems
• Respond to ESO's email inquiries and connect the ESO with appropriate Kansas State University personnel when necessary
• Serve as contact person on ArmyIgnitED website and all publications distributed by the Education Center (names of the program directors should also be listed on publications)
• Provide academic support in collaboration with the graduate program directors and program faculty and staff for K-State students at Ft. Leavenworth including communicating Graduate School policies and procedures, deadlines for graduation and commencement, and other important information requested to be shared by the Dean of Graduate School
• Coordinate recruitment efforts on post especially during the June - August recruitment season for both programs in collaboration with the graduate program directors including conducting briefings for the Navy/Marine/Air Force and the Special Operations
• Work with Security Studies Graduate Program director to schedule office visits and interviews with potential students
• Respond to all potential incoming Command and General Staff College students' inquiries throughout the year
• Obtain CGSC schedules and share with programs and the Dean of Graduate School
• Schedule classrooms in Lewis and Clark for both programs with Classroom Services
• Communicate dates and times of K-State classes and assigned classrooms
• Troubleshoot when problems, such as double booked, classroom dividers not removed, concerns regarding classroom conditions, etc., arise whether the concerns be from K-State faculty or the CGSC classroom coordinators
• Communicate any classroom changes to appropriate K-State faculty and/or students and Ft. Leavenworth personnel when appropriate
• Assist Security Studies faculty in resolving technology related issues both in Lewis and Clark
• Ensure students are identified with military tuition assistance coordinator
• Resolve Tuition Assistance and VA issue both at K-State and Ft. Leavenworth
• Obtain digital student permission to release transcript signatures and submit to CGSC Registrar's Office
• Work with CGSC Registrar's Office to secure unofficial transcripts in early January for fall classes and official transcripts in June with CGSC completion noted
• Provide information about bachelor's degrees and transfer information to high school students and community college students
NOTE: This is a part time position working 20 hours per week at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.
Why Join Us:
To provide exceptional graduate student services that enhance professional and career development, support graduate student research and scholarly endeavors, and create a diverse and inclusive environment that promotes interdisciplinary and cultural interaction, all while advocating for competitive compensation packages for all students.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
Bachelor's degree (This position may use an educational equivalency as determined relevant by a hiring manager)
• Graduate Certificate or Master degree
• Understanding of military education systems and educational resources
• Experience working with military personnel seeking to advance their education
• Advanced knowledge of the Army structure, service components, and acronyms
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Academic advising experience
• Proficiency in public speaking in large and small group settings
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Names of three professional references with contact information
Review of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by September 15, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Range:
$ 19.13 per hour - $ 24.38 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 01, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled