Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Manager, National Agricultural Biosecurity Center (NABC)
Department: 3670050030 National Ag Biosecurity Center
Job no: 511485
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Research / Scientific / Grants
Pay Grade: 12A
About This Role:
National Agricultural Biosecurity Center (NABC) at Kansas State University is hiring for a Project Manager. This role supports applied scientific research to develop practical agro-security capabilities and programs addressing diverse threats to the U.S. and world agricultural economies and food supply chains. We engage elements from local, county, state, and federal governments to enhance national food security.
The NABC Project Manager will be responsible for successful coordination of all project-related activities, including, but not limited to, development of proposals, statements of work, budgets, and required reports; tracking expenditures, client/sponsor interface; creation and coordination of project teams.
Why Join Us:
Located on the campus of Kansas State University, NABC is an integral part of the Midwest's expanding animal health corridor. NABC contributes to and accesses a vast network of interdisciplinary research and resources in areas such as animal disease, foodborne pathogens, plant pathogens, and environmental changes affecting agriculture and human health.
• NABC has extensive experience developing, implementing, and managing research projects and training programs for multiple state and federal agencies — ranging from the U.S. Departments of Defense, Agriculture, and Homeland Security — to the intelligence community.
• NABC is dedicated to increasing public awareness of agro-terrorism and developing solutions for improving agricultural and food production safeguards.
• NABC supports applied scientific research to develop practical agro-security capabilities and programs addressing diverse threats to U.S. and world agricultural economies and food supply.
• NABC welcomes new challenges where its subject matter expertise can be applied to enhance the capabilities of government agencies, private industry, and organizations to protect America's agricultural infrastructure.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree
• Three or more years of relevant experience in project or program management in agricultural or biological sciences
• Master's degree or higher
• Prefer 5 years or more experience in project/program management
• Training and experience in animal/veterinary emergency response
• Familiarity with animal disease response plans and exercises
• Understand the development of exercise after-action reports and the derivation of lessons learned
• Knowledge of governmental, private, and professional capabilities necessary to perform adequate animal disease response and experience in analyzing information to determine same
• Working knowledge of biology, infectious diseases and/or general veterinary expertise
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, writing and communication skills
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
• Ability to interact and collaborate professionally and effectively across all levels of an organization to accomplish complex objectives
• Ability to motivate team members, create a positive work environment, and resolve conflicts
• Ability to develop and deliver professional presentations to a wide variety of audiences
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
• Ability to work independently with little supervision
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance
• Valid Driver's license upon employment
• Ability to receive a favorable background check from KSU and pass Select Agent Background Check upon employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Three professional references with contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by October 25, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$66,749 - $86,771 Annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 23, 2021
Application Closes: Oct 25, 2021