Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Project Staff Assistant position in Albany, NY.
Review Educational Incentive Program and Quality Scholars applications to determine eligibility and issue scholarship awards when applicable. The position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
· Complete a detailed review of EIP program scholarship applications for compliance with all program requirements and process applications accordingly pursuant to that review.
· Review courses on EIP program scholarship applications to ensure they clearly reflect the subject areas required by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services regulations.
· Use effective interviewing skills and critical thinking to obtain clarification and additional information from applicants and training organizations.
· Issue EIP scholarship awards to eligible applicants.
· Conduct daily correspondence with EIP participants and training organizations by phone, mail, email, and fax.
· Assist in the continued development of EIP operating procedures.
· Assist in the development of EIP program materials.
· Other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the mid $40s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=133426. Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.