Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Project Staff Associate position in PDP’s Department of Early Childhood Training in Albany, NY.
Provide project and logistical support to project team staff, often of a complex nature by planning, organizing, and coordinating activities. Have an understanding of policy and procedures to determine appropriate action for reporting situations to appropriate supervisor for decisions. Possess analytical and problem solving skills, independent judgement, collaboration and initiative to accomplish goals. The position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
· Direct and oversee training project administrative support staff to meet contract deliverables.
· Ensure consistency and integrity of project work.
· Act as a department liaison with PDP Finance.
· Provide purchasing and procurement of goods and services, cost allocations, and report generation.
· Monitor administrative staff workflow, provide training, prioritize assignments, compile budget data, and review and monitor purchase requisitions and expense reimbursements.
· Manage specialized program participant renewal process including database administration, correspondence, phone calls, and troubleshooting. Oversee various unit databases.
· Draft, process and manage correspondence; manage logistical aspects for specialized training program offerings including negotiating arrangements for conference services, presenters, and participants. Assist in the scheduling and implementation of project-related training.
· Gather and analyze data for periodic and ad hoc sponsor-required reports; review and respond to incoming email for the program.
· Work with program data management staff to modify reports, queries and logic as needed; provide graphics, formatting and proofreading of program training materials.
· Prepare and submit reports and paperwork in a timely fashion in compliance with PDP/Research Foundation policies and procedures.
· Contribute to the preparation of reports including Quarterly and Annual.
· Other duties as assigned to meet contract requirements.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the low $60s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=113810. Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.