The University of Georgia
The College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences
Public Relations Coordinator & Writer
The Public Relations Coordinator & Writer is responsible for managing public relations for the College across the state including Tifton and Griffin campuses. This position manages news distribution, coordinates media relations, and contributes to the ongoing news service of the College and UGA Extension. This position assists in management of daily stories, emerging issues and crises as needed, and coordinates editorial resources as necessary. This role is also responsible for writing news stories, press release, and various content for CAES multiple outlets and platforms. This position manages weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting on press and media coverage. The coordinator prepares and disseminates news releases, media packets, impact statements and social media updates as well as provides support for video and photography requests as needed. This is a full-time permanent position located on either the Athens, Griffin, or Tifton campus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies
· Previous experience in communications, preferably in higher education and/or an agricultural or environmental field
· Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, organizational and time-management skills.
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities while meeting tight deadlines.
· Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion.
· Proficiency with editing for AP O359; knowledge of Chicago, MLA and APA styles.
· Excellent computer skills, including MS Office, iMovie, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe FinalCut Pro, on Mac and/or PC platforms.
· Some travel / willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends in support of college events as needed