Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purchasing Contract Administrator
Department: 3670005040 Division of Financial Services
Job no: 510582
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Business / Accounting / Finance
Pay Grade: 10A
About This Role:
The Division of Financial Services is looking to the position of Purchasing Contract Administrator (Purchasing Agent II) in the Central Purchasing section. This position supports the day-to-day operations and tactical functions of the central purchasing office to support University departments on enterprise commodities and services such as Information Technology, Capital Construction, Supply Chain, or Higher Education University Research related products. Based on professional experience, knowledge, and using the highest ethical conduct, this position makes procurement decisions for the university community by clarifying requirements, investigating sources of supply, while interpreting and analyzing data and circumstances. The Purchasing Contract Specialist provides procurement leadership to university departments by guiding them through the procurement process to obtain the best value for the university. Judgment is used in the adaptation and skilled application of guidelines to solve the full range of problems related to each procurement.
• Prepare contracts from solicitations for the procurement of goods and services.
• Review all agreements, terms and conditions, and addendums associated with procurement transactions to ensure that they include all required KSU terms and conditions.
• Verify that all agreements, terms and conditions, and addendums associated with procurement transactions have received all required University approvals.
• Assist in negotiating terms and conditions and gathering requested information from the Vendor, which are required for University legal protection and IT security protection. Act as the primary liaison between the vendor and KSU for review and negotiation of terms and conditions.
• Assist in creating and maintaining standardized language for new contracts.
• Develop, manage and maintain contract templates.
• Analyze and report on specific risks associated with contracts.
• Guide department Purchasing Liaisons, Business Officers, Business Managers, PIs, and other employees through the contract negotiation and execution process.
• Collaborates with campus departments to ensure understanding of terms and conditions.
• Guides departments on utilizing contract templates to streamline the contracting process
• Responsibilities include:
• Management of the day-to-day operations and staff involved in the central procurement office in contract management and strategic sourcing.
• The execution, support, and oversight of the following enterprise work streams: determination of university needs, cost analysis, strategic sourcing activities, vendor contract negotiations, contract creation, implementation, and auditing.
• Research and update procurement policies, processes, and training materials for campus users and suppliers.
• Ensure content on Purchasing website is up-to-date and can be readily used by campus users and suppliers to navigate the procurement policies and procedures in regards to contracting.
• Conducts campus-wide training for new and existing employees and drafts communication to keep campus users and suppliers up-to-date on University contracting policies and procedure changes that affect the procurement of goods and services.
• Disseminates professional purchasing advice to departments and suppliers by interpreting state, federal and university rules, policies, procedures, processes, and financial computer systems.
• Independently develops, implements, and administers state and university contracts, agreements and awards.
• Assist Assistant Director with exploring, testing, and implementing procurement tools that will be utilized by the campus.
• Supervise Procurement Specialist in administering review of contract templates, contract renewals, facilitation of solicitation postings, contract database and repository, website updates, and training.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree and three to four years of contracting concepts and procurement practices or educational equivalency
• Bachelor's degree in business or supply chain management
• Experience working with and managing contracts
• Knowledge and understanding of the legal requirements involved in specific contracts
• Attention to detail and ability to notice errors
• Working knowledge of solicitation and contracting processes
• 5+ years of experience in procurement and contract administration
• Ability to read and comprehend legal contracting language; University, Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) policies, and procedures, and State statutes and technical jargon in specifications and contracts
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing detailed reports of findings and recommendations
• Direct working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe, Workflow Software, and Microsoft Excel
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Letter of Interest
• Three professional references with current contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by May 7, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$49,500 to $64,310 Annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your employment application, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 26, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2237140