Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quarantine Care Team Member (Temp)
Department: 3670009200 Department of Housing & Dining
Job no: 512054
Employment type: Temporary Full-time
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Health Profession, Health & Safety
Pay Grade: 01T
About This Role:
This temporary position will serve as a member of the Quarantine Care Team to support K-State students quarantined or isolated because of COVID-19. Work shifts may vary depending on need. The ability maintain confidentiality is a must.
Physical contact with individuals in quarantine or isolation will be limited to physical/socially distanced engagement such as delivering keys, food or supplies outside the entrance to designated living spaces.
Why Join Us:
Housing and Dining Services offers a team-oriented workplace with the opportunity to interact daily with both students and staff. http://housing.k-state.edu/ is a large, self-operated auxiliary department serving more than 4,000 students that call the K-State campus home. This "home away from home" meets more than the basic needs of students living with us — we provide affordable, safe, and engaging accommodations and services for our residents while finding unique ways to support them in their academic pursuits.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
Duties / Responsibilites:
• Prepare quarantine and isolation living spaces for K-State students prior to their arrival by delivering food, supplies, linens. Confirm cleanliness of living space.
• Support the social development of quarantined or isolated individuals by responding to student needs via cell phone/text message and/or zoom/Facetime. Maintain this contact with assigned students throughout the duration of their stay.
• Refer students to appropriate support services as necessary to ensure overall well being.
• Coordinate with other departmental staff to provide continuity of operation and comfort of students.
• Assist with resident arrival/check-ins and check-outs.
• Collect student's items from their pre-quarantine/isolation living space and transport to quarantine/isolation space.
• Assist with overall departmental efforts relating to COVID-19 to include, but not limited to, setting-up plexi-glass screens or other barriers; sanitizing keys, key cards or other surfaces and commonly touched items.
• Maintain confidentiality of highly-sensitive information including, but not limited to, number of students quarantined/isolated currently or in the past, identity of those quarantined/isolated, locations and number of quarantine/isolation living spaces, and all information learned while in this position.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Work experience gained in a student residence hall or student-oriented apartment community. Experience should include providing social support or customer service to student residents.
• Crisis/emergency response experience
• Ability to problem-solve and adapt to changing environments
• Self-starter and ability to start work without direct supervision
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise discretion at all times
• Demonstrated competency in using various social media, setting up and using virtual gatherings/events and Microsoft Office
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Valid driver's license upon employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the online employment application.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
$10.00 per hour. Some work shifts may be eligible for a differential of $.40 per hour.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jan 06, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2757427