Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Title: Regional Director
Administrative Unit: Field Operations
Appointment: Full-time, Community Relations/Outreach Manager, Job code 9341R2
Reports to: Director of Statewide Operations
Office Location: 1) Extension Regional Office - Morris or Moorhead – Northwest Regional Director
2) Extension Regional Office - Cloquet – Northeast Regional Director
Application Deadline: February 16, 2021; initial review, open until filled
We are searching for two (2) full-time positions:
1) The NW regional director position supports the Moorhead and Morris Regional Offices and counties located within approximately 100 miles in that area of NW MN.
2) The NE regional director position supports the Cloquet Regional Office and counties located within approximately 160 miles in NE MN.
Regional Director Role:
The Regional Director serves a major role in Extension operations, providing critical functions related to internal and external stakeholders and relationships, county funding, human resource management, and overall management of regional and county offices. To be successful, the Regional Director must provide strong leadership and management skills consistent with University of Minnesota Extension mission, vision, and core values. The Regional Director interacts effectively with a variety of stakeholders and staff and is committed to expanding and fostering diversity and inclusion. This position is part of a statewide team of Regional Directors and also works within a Regional Director team, serving a designated number of counties in a geographic region. The Regional Director works closely with both programmatic and operations staff. The Regional Director reports to the Director of Statewide Operations.
Duties, responsibilities, and performance expectations:
Internal/External Relations & Communications:
· Facilitate County Extension Committee (CEC) leadership and development through member selection and onboarding; support of meetings and materials; capacity building for budget development, identification of local needs, performance input for local Extension staff; and recruitment of CEC members to participate in skill building opportunities
· Communicate the value of, and advocate for, Extension programs and positions with new and existing stakeholders
· Advocate for sustaining and increasing county investments and Extension partnerships
· Presentations to stakeholders (County Boards and community groups, etc.)
· Promote regional fund development
· Nurture regional legislative relationships
· Serve on committees and leadership teams to represent Extension’s interests
· Using knowledge of the county government budget process and funding structure, build support for, develop and manage county budgets by engaging CEC members, county boards, and county administration
· Negotiate the level of investment for local program delivery via the Memoranda of Agreement (MOA) between the University and counties
· Manage regional office budget
Human Resource Management:
· Build a positive and supportive working environment within the office
· Ensure hiring practices include approaches which seek to reach historically under-served and under-represented audiences
· Lead and serve on county, regional and state search committees
· Supervise regional administrative support staff and university-hired county administrative support
· Work with program supervisors to support and coach local Memorandum of Agreement program staff through performance and office team issues
Program Support and Communications:
· Provide leadership in internal communication, team building, and collaboration with county and regional staff
· Develop and maintain working relationships with Extension Program Leaders to:
o support program and human resource development
o ensure program success through local staff hiring practices, onboarding, conflict management, and financial stewardship
o communicate program outcomes and impacts with stakeholders to ensure public support and funding for Extension
· Listen to stakeholders’ perspectives to determine local needs and emerging issues, and communicate these to Extension program leaders
· Provide leadership for Civil Rights compliance and commitment to diversity
Office Operations Management:
· Promote a positive & productive work environment and teamwork among staff in county and regional offices, convening staff conferences, meetings and retreats, and encouraging transparent communication
· Determine and assign levels of office clerical support for program staff
· Manage regional and county office space, leases, clerical coverage, inventory, purchases, safety and emergency plans
· Provide leadership for Civil Rights compliance and commitment to diversity
· Monitor technology resources in regional and county offices to meet the functional needs of staff and comply with University and County standards
· Support regional program delivery, including negotiation of office space, office clerical support, technology, and finance
Individuals in the Regional Director role will identify and participate in professional development opportunities in support of Extension’s organizational goals and mission.
· A Bachelor’s degree and eight (8) years of related experience
· Experience in Extension, Higher Education, government or public agency, or non-profit agency
· Fiscal/budget management experience
· Experience with all of the following:
· Leadership and strategic decision making experience
· Demonstrated ability and commitment to work with new, diverse and historically underserved audiences, as well as with diverse staff, volunteers, community leaders, and elected officials
· Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
· Supervisory and office management experience
· Willingness and ability to work variable hours and frequent travel within a multi-county geographical region
University of Minnesota Extension discovers science-based solutions, delivers practical education, and engages Minnesotans to build a better future. Find further information at www.extension.umn.edu.
Please apply at: https://extension.umn.edu/about-extension/careers Job Opening ID 339008
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click on the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position.
Please attach the following required application materials:
Three professional references and transcripts for all college work (unofficial transcripts are acceptable) will be required during the interview process.
Additional documents may be attached after the application by accessing your “My Job Applications” page and uploading documents in the “My Cover Letters and Attachments” section. See full instructions, https://humanresources.umn.edu/find-job/using-job-app-system.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-624-UOHR (8647).
For questions about these positions, contact:
Lisa Loegering, Regional Director, and Search Committee Chair, email@example.com
For questions about the online application, contact:
Tiffany McMillan, Extension Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.