Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Research Assistant - Rabies (Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory)
Department: 3670080080 Veterinary Diagnostic Lab
Job no: 510948
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Research / Scientific / Grants, Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 06B
About this Role:
The Kansas State Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (KSVDL) within the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Rabies Research Assistant. The person in this position will conduct multiple aspects of research in human and animal rabies antibody serology through preparation of samples, interpretation of results, data entry and verification of results, responding to customers' inquiries with health information about rabies, identifying and providing appropriate guidance to meet customers' rabies, serology and diagnostic needs, and laboratory website improvement through research of international travel regulations.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Conduct biological sample preparation and perform antibody assays by RFFIT, FAVN ELISA methods.
• Identify and provide appropriate guidance to meet customers'' rabies serology and diagnostic needs including problems with international travel of pets.
• Research country-specific requirements for international travel of animals and related health information and update the website and other documents.
• Perform QA/QC documentation needed for the Rabies Laboratory to stay in compliance with regulations.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in biology or related study including health communications
• Two or more years of experience in a health-related field or other field where rigorous QA practices occur and experience with fluorescence microscopy
• Previous rabies diagnostics training
• Multi-lingual capability is highly preferred (i.e. Spanish)
• Competent to highly competent computer skills including word processing, databases, spreadsheets and data entry
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 17.77 - $ 30.20 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jun 25, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2329755