Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: 3670010110 Plant Pathology
Job no: 511519
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Agriculture, Research / Scientific / Grants, Natural / Quantitative Sciences, Plant Sciences
Pay Grade: 06B
About This Role:
The Nouri lab in the Department of Plant Pathology is seeking a full-time research assistant to conduct virology-related experiments at the bench, growth chamber, and greenhouse.
Position duties include
• performing molecular virology experiments related to plant (wheat) and insect viruses. Experiments require skills including RNA isolation and sequencing, RT-(q)PCR, cloning, plasmid purification, and northern and western blotting.
• maintaining plant and insect colonies
• managing lab orders.
Some weekend hours may be required.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree in biology or microbiology with 5 years lab experience.
• Master's degree in virology, microbiology, or plant pathology highly preferred.
• Molecular biology experience, including skills in RNA isolation, RT-(q)PCR, cloning, RNA-seq, library preparation, northern and western blotting.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Name and contact information for 3 professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins immediately. For best consideration, apply by October 17, 2021
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 27, 2021