Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Research Assistant (Center of Excellence for Vector-Borne Diseases)
Department: 3670080040 Diagnostic Medicne Pathobiolog
Job no: 510421
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Research / Scientific / Grants, Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 06B
About this Role:
The Department of Diagnostic Medicine/Pathobiology within the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Research Assistant. This position is necessary to support the existing research projects and also to expand the scope of our research to promote the development of additional research funding from federal agencies, foundations and industry. In particular, this position is critical in advancing the goals of the center in progress in DMP, the Center of Excellence for Vector-Borne Diseases.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
Duties / Responsibilities:
This position is also responsible for ordering chemicals, supplies, equipment and other research reagents as needed for the scientific staff and their proper receiving and delegating the appropriate storage by closely working with scientific staff. Also, will oversee processing of payments to the vendors for any supplies, chemicals and equipment ordered for the projects coordinated from the center projects. This position must ensure that payments are made out of the appropriate funds, coded correctly and processed timely. This position also assists in auditing of receipts and deposits with MOUs associated with funding to ensure appropriate use of funds.
• Assist with research projects assigned by Dr. Roman Ganta and by working with research team at the CEVBD.
• Maintain various cell cultures in vitro regularly to support the needs of research team to promote their independent research with a special focus on vector-borne diseases.
• Assist in organizing the data for presentations at seminars, scientific meetings and for preparing manuscripts for publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
• Assist in preparing manuscripts for publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
• Assist in preparing grant proposals to generate funding for independent and collaborative research.
• Assist graduate students associated with the Ganta's research team.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• B.S. degree in biological sciences or related field
• Research experience in cell culture, molecular biology methods such as DNA isolation, PCR, real-time PCR, protein isolation, immunoblot analysis, ELISA, immunoprecipitation, confocal microscopy, and studies involving working with vertebrate animals and ticks
• Microbiology, chemistry and biochemistry undergraduate courses and laboratory knowledge
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 17.43 - $ 29.61 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Mar 30, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233701